Dragonforce tour announced

DeathDevil said:
What's the best DragonForce album to start out with?

For some idiotic reason I haven't reviewed Dragonforce yet... but here's how I'd characterize their albums. Well first I should describe the band, then I'll go to their albums.

Dragonforce are the fastest power metal band in the history of metal. Double bass, blast beats, and power chord rhythms will be flashing by you at tempos you didn't know existed. They take Stratovarius/Helloween style power metal to the next level and beyond. They also play ridiculously fast solos and decide to solo spontaneously throughout every song. They also hide their leads in their solos; so you'll be listening to a catchy video-game style melody while the other guitarist shreds, doing things with the guitar you never knew were possible. Some would say this is too much, but I think it's intentional just to be over the top. Their shredding isn't mindless, because it always has a lead melody carrying it. Their songs are also have big Rhapsody style choruses and are incredibly catchy.

Valley of the Damned (2003)
It has poor production, but other than that, it's an absolute gem. The soloing isn't as over the top, but the vocal melodies and guitar parts totally crush. Although many people site the title track as the absolute classic fromt his album, my favorite song is "Black Winter Night" far and away. This is the perfect introductory song to Dragonforce... and my opinion the obvious opener for any tour :) Seven ridiculously fast songs

Sonic Firestorm (2004)
Much better production and totally killer songs. This was the first album where the band went totally NUTS with the shredding and over the top song structures. The songs are longer and meaner on this one. My favorite track is "Once In a Lifetime." It really doesn't get much better than that song.... holy freakin' crap :) As a whole this album is much better than the debut.... which basically means it's Godly good.

Inhuman Rampage (2006)
The over the top shredding and ridiculously fast playing gets even more ridiculous. I haven't decided if I like this one better than Sonic Firestorm yet. Sonic Firestorm had "Once In a Lifetime" which is possibly the greatest power metal song of all time, but I'd have to say Inhuman Rampage is a little more consistant. The keyboards play a bigger roll and the songs are a bit proggier in structure, giving a more rewarding listening experience too. My favorite song on this one is probably "Operation Ground and Pound" which crosses over into prog metal a little bit, which I absolutely love :)

If you ever want to hear a song, you can message me at siberiankh and I can send you an mp3 or two.

Sorry if this is a bit long... had I more time to write reviews again, these'd be shorter and easier to read.

Peace Out,
The Michael

Jibrille said:
I can't get the songs to play on the Protest the Hero myspace. I don't know if the stream is off another website but the links to dls on their mainsite is also down & their label doesn't have anything. However, they really look like a punk band. Looks can be deceiving but they seriously look like they would open for something like Yellowcard or Fall Out Boy.

PTH is pretty modern, kinda 'core-ish, but they're good enough at it for me to like it. Pure power metal fans will be scratching their heads big time, though...

Valley of the Damned (2003)
It has poor production, but other than that, it's an absolute gem. The soloing isn't as over the top, but the vocal melodies and guitar parts totally crush. Although many people site the title track as the absolute classic fromt his album, my favorite song is "Black Winter Night" far and away. This is the perfect introductory song to Dragonforce... and my opinion the obvious opener for any tour :) Seven ridiculously fast songs

I wouldn't say terrible production. Terrible mix, cuz everything was recorded well, then they threw a shitload of echo or reverb on everything. So it takes away from some of the details, and the really fast strumming sounds muffled and blended together. If they got rid of the reverb, it'd be clearer and easier to hear everything.

Michael TEOF said:
I said poor production, not terrible production. Poor < Terrible. Unless you feel poor = terrible. But this whorebot for one rates poor below terrible on the badness factor.

The Michael

I must already be drunk or something, cuz I just can't understand that last sentence of yours. I haven't even left work yet! How did I get drunk???

geeeeeeee...what a fucking surprise,nothing south of the JAXX-Dixon line
AS FUCKING USUAL
FUCK THE FUCKING FUCK OUT OF THESE FUCKING PROMOTERS WHO SKIP FLORIDA AND THE REST OF THE FUCKING SOUTH!!!!!!!

YtseJammer said:
Stupid promoter.

Booking a Dragonforce show in NYC the same night as Gamma Ray in NYC.

Idiocy

Exactly.

So fucking dumb. No one is going to be at the DragonForce show now. And I'm really dying to see them, but not at the expense of missing Gamma Ray in my own city. :mad:

TheGraveDigger said:
May is looking like a great month for heavy metal and hard rock so far...

(April 30 - BB Kings in NYC - Exodus, Cryptopsy, Suffocation, Skinless, Full Blown Chaos, and The Classic Struggle)

May 1 - BB Kings in NYC - Gamma Ray, Into Eternity, and Arctic Flame

May 3 - The Trocadero in Philly - Dragonforce, Protest the Hero, and Sanctity

May 16 - BB Kings in NYC - Uli Jon Roth

May 18 - BB Kings in NYC - Montrose and the Lizards

May 29 - The Knitting Factory in NYC - Vader, Destruction, Kataklysym, Speed\Kill/Hate, Graveworm, and The Absence

You forgot what will almost certainly be the best show in NYC in the month of May: Isis on May 4th at the Avalon.

I WANNA GO SO BAD! :yell: *deep breath*

I'll be hosting a show on May 6th in Detroit.
*big plastic smile & a bucket of mixed-emotions*

It's going to be an incredible show and I'm very proud of being able to put it together! The business has been teaching me a lot of lessons lately, and this particular date is a struggle between business and pleasure.

Glenn, please point me to the Spings of Infinite Patience! :cry: