Anathema will be Blackfield's special guests in North America

Quit buying all those designer socks you always get and go to more shows. Go to this show....this is a show that isnt going to come around often. Bands like Amon Amarth are great but missing them isnt as painful as missing a band that rarely comes to the states oppossed to a band that hits the US like 2 or 3 times a year.

This. I will keep my thoughts to myself about someone who picks Amon Amarth over Blackfield and Anathema. Again... BLACKFIELD and ANATHEMA.

Just bought my tickets. Blackfield I was on the fence for, but Anathema puts me over the edge.

But damn, $10 in service charges for a $25 ticket. That's why I usually don't buy tickets in advance...

This. I will keep my thoughts to myself about someone who picks Amon Amarth over Blackfield and Anathema. Again... BLACKFIELD and ANATHEMA.

I'd fall into this category as well. Anathema and Blackfield are not bad by any means but Amon Amarth would win every single time for me. Different strokes...

I'd fall into this category as well. Anathema and Blackfield are not bad by any means but Amon Amarth would win every single time for me. Different strokes...

I think the point is that Amon Amarth tour all the time, while Blackfield doesn't, and this is Anathema's first tour of the US. (as far as I know.)

Different strokes for different folks. Also, I obviously got the tickets for Amon Amarth before even knowing about this. Just trying to limit the shows, but I couldn't pass this one up for Anathema. I will have to give Blackfield another shot.

I think the point is that Amon Amarth tour all the time, while Blackfield doesn't, and this is Anathema's first tour of the US. (as far as I know.)

Regardless of how much a band tours, it simply comes down to whose music I like better and in this instance Amon Amarth wins everytime for me. I don't care if it was a one off show that Anathema were doing and Amon Amarth toured in my area 10 times in two years. I would still go see Amon Amarth every time over Anathema and Blackfield. That's how much I prefer Amon Amarth's music to the other two. Like I said....different strokes. I'm sure those who enjoy both bands will have a fabulous time.

I'm planning on going to the Blackfield show in SF while I'm out there. Will Anathema be on that date as well? I sure hope so!

Does Anathema not play anything from their earlier albums?

They ususally do as headliners. Not sure how it's going to be as a support band. And a support band to Blackfield! It wouldn't make much sense to include songs from Serenades...

I would be totally cool with songs from A Fine Day to exit, A Natural Disaster and We're Here Because We're Here only, with the occasional song from Judgment and Alternative 4...

I would assume that given the headliner, Anathema's set will consist entirely of songs from We're Here and Hindsight.

Does Anathema not play anything from their earlier albums?

I doubt they will on this tour given the headliner as well. They might decide to play one old track to please the fans but I doubt they play more than that. I don't mind though as that last album was phenomenal. I don't think we have to worry about time though. Usually when a tour lists an opener as special guests it's an hour.

$22 tickets for the Boston date. I don't have a clue who Blackfield is, to be perfectly honest, but I will not be missing Anathema if I can help it. Was just showing some friends Eternity not five minutes ago, this is awesome.