SATYRICON - "Do not let this tragedy stop you from going to metal shows"

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
This news was just posted on BWBK...

In light of the Dimebag Darrell tragedy last night, SATYRICON have updated their official website (www.satyricon.no) with the following comment:

"The show tomorrow in Colmbus, Ohio is naturally cancelled as the venue is now a crime scene. No other shows will be affected. Do not let this tragedy stop you from going to metal shows and don`t let anyone tell you that this has ANYTHING to do with metal music."

Upcoming Satyricon Return Of The Antichrist tour dates are as follows:

December

9 - St Louis, MS at Pop's

10 - Columbus, OH at Al Rosa (*cancelled*)

11 - Detroit, MI at Harpo's

12 - Milwaukee, WI at Rave Bar

13 - Chicago, IL at Metro

14 - Toronto, ONT at Opera House

15 - Cleveland, OH at Agora

16 - Philadelphia, PA at Trocadero

17 - Montreal, QUE at Foufones Electriques

18 - Worcester, MA at The Palladium (WAAF show)

19 - Springfield, VA at Jaxx

21 - New York, NY at BB Kings

Any thoughts on their comments?

Yeah, I'm probably going to the Harpo's show. Haha, but you know they're just saying this because they're on tour now. :lol:

Im gonna most likley check this out at BB Kings in NYC, gotta see what my work schedule is looking like around that time. I am so pissed that Infernal Majesty has dropped off this tour. I know for the NYC date Sicks Deep has been added to the bill and they are on that Battle for Ozzfest crap. 3 Inches of Blood is suppose to be an interesting band so I look foward to seeing them. I hear they are like the Darkness but instead of the Queen/Thin Lizzy thing they do a Manowar, Running Wild, Helloween thing with their music, should be quite humorous and good.

Seeing I don't get to see Damageplan tonight in Flint, I may have to make the trip to Satyricon at Harpo's Sat. too.

Edgecrusher said:
The lead singer of 3 Inches of Blood is a King Diamond wannabe.

And really, who would actually want to be able to sing like King Diamond anyways?

Outside of pitch, he sounds nothing like King Diamond. King Diamond's falsettos are cleaner than a waxed floor.

:confused: Win what?

King Diamond can go pretty high, but it's a fucking annoying voice! I wish he'd use that sinister lower rasp more often.

The Grimace said:
I may be wrong, but I think this show got cancelled anyways. Don't feel bad. :tickled:

KING DIAMOND = Good in early Fate, when he sounded like Halford. The guy's been riding his name for 20 years, though. Like Ozzy and Dio.

The difference with Ozzy is that he puts on shit shows and can't sing worth jack anymore. Dio and King put on some of the best Metal shows a person could go to today.

TheGraveDigger said:
Im gonna most likley check this out at BB Kings in NYC, gotta see what my work schedule is looking like around that time. I am so pissed that Infernal Majesty has dropped off this tour. I know for the NYC date Sicks Deep has been added to the bill and they are on that Battle for Ozzfest crap. 3 Inches of Blood is suppose to be an interesting band so I look foward to seeing them. I hear they are like the Darkness but instead of the Queen/Thin Lizzy thing they do a Manowar, Running Wild, Helloween thing with their music, should be quite humorous and good.

when I went to the show in LA, 3 inches of blood's equipment failed on the last song. Half of the band looks like hicks. And the drummer has the strangest drumset I have ever seen

Jean-Pierre said:
The difference with Ozzy is that he puts on shit shows and can't sing worth jack anymore. Dio and King put on some of the best Metal shows a person could go to today.
The last time I saw Ozzy live was on the Down to Earth Tour, and he put on a damn good show, and sounded fine, but then again, that was before his ATV accident. King's shows and Dio's show are awesome. Dio still has one hell of a voice on him, and King is one of the best singers in metal.

unknown said:
when I went to the show in LA, 3 inches of blood's equipment failed on the last song. Half of the band looks like hicks. And the drummer has the strangest drumset I have ever seen

The drummer was the worst part about the band, totally horrible. Besides that, they did an awesome show. I had to leave before Satyricon because a friend had an emergency, but the venue was beyond empty. There were only 20-30 people there, it seemed.

Damn...you think people are losing faith? Did the low attendance seem to have anything to do with the DBD incident, you think?

anonymousnick2001 said:
Damn...you think people are losing faith? Did the low attendance seem to have anything to do with the DBD incident, you think?

No shit? Of course it had to do with the incident. But just like any tragedy, things will go back to normal after a bit o' time passes.

Jean-Pierre said:
They patted me down when I walked in. Or maybe that wasn't security personel...ooooh scandalous :cry: :oops:
Was it security right there by the front door, or was it some guy named Jeb in the back of his cargo van?:wave:

Now that everyone has agreed that the shooting won't effect attendence at shows, I will ask; Will it dissuade venues from booking metal shows?