How do you tell the girlfriends to STOP coming to your bands shows?

Like I said, I've had it happen. It's seriously weird though. I mean they wouldn't come along for their boyfriend's dayjob, would they?

At some point I figured if I ever ran a pro studio I'd post something like this.

no-yoko.png

Now that I think about it I should probably post it backstage at the club.

Hah. Might be good to put some of that typical image macro font type in there that says "NO GIRLFRIENDS PAST THIS POINT" :lol:

Just tell your girlfriends when they are there that it makes the strippers uncomfortable.

Just tell your girlfriends when they are there that it makes the strippers uncomfortable.

So much win in that statement!

My ex-wife was all about my music, to the point of always wanting to come to practice... Eventually I had to draw the line. Then when we talked about having kids she said "You're not going to be practicing and leave me alone with the kid all the time. You're going to have to quit playing". Fuck that noise. That's why she's my ex.

Current wife, completely different musical tastes and has no intention of watching us play, so it works out.

Tell the girlfriends that they can attend as long as they work either hauling gear and helping setup/break down drum kit or selling merch/minding gear. We discovered that having chicks selling your merch to metalheads worked a treat. If they are just going along to "check up" on their boyfriends they need to pay petrol money and work.

Grå Värld;10804108 said:
Tell the girlfriends that they can attend as long as they work either hauling gear and helping setup/break down drum kit or selling merch/minding gear. We discovered that having chicks selling your merch to metalheads worked a treat. If they are just going along to "check up" on their boyfriends they need to pay petrol money and work.

This is sort of what happens. We don't have a merch guy, so the ladies work the table and, if need, the door.

Reading all this crap makes me appreciate my girl even more. She does come to every show, but she drives, pays for her own ticket when there is no guestlist, helps with merch and gear when needed and knows when to stay out of my way.

@Bryan: as long as the ladies do merch and get their own ride, I don't see much of a problem actually. But it will be a hard time for you when you bring this up. Good luck with that.