Things you hate that local metal bands do..

so erik just out of curiosity, since they don't deal with satanism or antichristian topics directly, what do you classify albums like abyssic hate's "suicidal emotions" or forgotten woods' "the curse of mankind" ?

edit: i'm not even TRYING to start the whole 'what defines black metal' debate for the six thousandth time, i'm just curious about how you would define those albums or others like them.

Entropiastrife said:
yeah, music isn't supossed to have melody, its supossed to sound like atonal noise instead :rolleyes:

some bands that I listen to are actually atonal noise. I'm that much of a prick.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Nah, this topic is good enough :p

actually its pretty retarded and has been beaten to death in thousands of other threads, come on, add some things that some local metal bands do that piss you off

- have ridiculously huge drum kits with a huge rack set up that takes way too much space in the loading areas just to play drum shit that could be played on a basic kit

- political commentary, unless you have a political science degree, I dont want to hear it

The worst thing I saw was a butchered cover of "Walk" by Pantera by some chick metal band when I went to see Black Label Society. If you want to cover a song, especially by Pantera, make sure it's no worse than the original. I like Pantera, but there are just some bad songs by them anyway.

Entropiastrife said:
ok guys, please stay on topic, talk about black metal or hating kalmah/opeth in another thread

don't you know that the second you click "post new thread", your brilliant idea becomes public domain and is therefore subject to whatever form of idiocy/faggotry/douchbaggery the population of GMD wishes to inject into it?

it's a cruel world, huh

We do not have local metal bands here(i don't think we have live music either). This question to me would apply more to opening shitty bands or local bands in other area's that no one gives a shit about. I'm not really into to live metal for the most part. Maybe i'm not seeing the right bands or the sound just usually sucks.

Opening bands that take their time setting up like it really matters just to play 25 minutes get on my nerves. No one cares so just play & get off the stage so people can see what they came for. People need to stop taking the easy way out forming punk/hardcore bands. I have sat through 3,4 bands that have sounded exactly the same as the band before. Some bands just suck so bad not even knowing.

Teh Grimarse said:
don't you know that the second you click "post new thread", your brilliant idea becomes public domain and is therefore subject to whatever form of idiocy/faggotry/douchbaggery the population of GMD wishes to inject into it?

it's a cruel world, huh

Great word. "This reeks of Douchebaggery".

Good work Teh Grimarse, good work :lol:

my despises of local bands

~I hate when the lead singers finish doing their set then walk around thinking they are a fucken god just because they think they are famous as they are in a band, but when you talk to people who live about 20 minutes away, they have NO idea what band you are talking about.

When I went to see Maiden some kid said to his friend WHÖA DATS THE VOX DUDE FROM LETHAL when I walked by just by the trainstation (A GOOD 40 MINUTES FROM HERE!) and I felt like a rockstar and then I shared some vodka with 'em

Haha, I love stories like that. It reminds of, after my first (only) gig with my last band Existence, we went drinking on an abandoned sports oval in the middle of, well, nowhere. At about 1am this other group of drunks walks past without even seeing us, 'till they see one of us light up a smoke. They wander over to see who we are, and the first words are "woah, it's Existence!". Felt pretty rock-starrish right then.

The last Canadian to ask me that was Gin_from_the_bottle or whatever his name was. Where'd he go anyway?

Anyway, the answer is a resounding YES, so long as I get to be the famous guy.

- have that one ugly fat chick that goes to every one of their shows and does all this promotion for them because she wants to feel like she is part of "the biz" and have pseudo rock star affiliation. also because she wants to bang one or all of the band members, and although none of them have any interest in this, they keep her around because they are nobodies and therefore don't have any other groupies