Share Local Bands Thread :)

I'll plug my band, Ripfence, shitty name-real metal, thrash/death/melodic. please check us out. http://music.mp3lizard.com/ripfence

@Disturbed-if that is the same Barium I know, damn, I hate those guys, they come from the same town as we do and they suck, but still call it "their territory", they changed their sound also, from rapmetal with a deejay, to whatever you want to call them now. Eh, if you like them, check us out.

[edit] It is the same band, :lol:

AjDeath said:
I'll plug my band, Ripfence, shitty name-real metal, thrash/death/melodic. please check us out. http://music.mp3lizard.com/ripfence

@Disturbed-if that is the same Barium I know, damn, I hate those guys, they come from the same town as we do and they suck, but still call it "their territory", they changed their sound also, from rapmetal with a deejay, to whatever you want to call them now. Eh, if you like them, check us out.

[edit] It is the same band, :lol:

What the fuck are you guys doing playing in Rhode Island?!

You are supposed to play in Maine, dammit!

Disturbed4ntics said:
What the fuck are you guys doing playing in Rhode Island?!

You are supposed to play in Maine, dammit!
We are trying to get the fuck out of here, friend.

BTW, are you in Barium? Because if you are, you can have your territory back, :lol:

No, I am not in Barium.

I am not in any band. I can't even play an instrument.

And what's wrong with Maine? I mean, it's so totally rad.

yeah, Maine is totally great dude, I want to....sarcasm has failed me...

And it is damn easy being the heaviest band in Maine when there are only four other actual metal bands here, Molested Senses, Hatred Alive, Blood Red Thrust, and Thought Out Thought. :lol: To be fair, Molested Senses play pure old school DM but they haven't been alive lately. Also there is no clubs that will let us play our brand of music, a real boring state if you are into music is Maine.

I would like to start a band. Who knows. Maybe once a get a little bit more money together and learn to play an instrument or something, I may have some luck. Probably is though, I know of no one who is into what I listen to.

:(

Dumb question alert! Are you from Maine? If so, start playing the drums, there are no good metal drummers in Maine, asides from Scott from Molested and The drummer in my band, both are amazing and right up there with the greats. Also bass, no real good creative bass players in Maine, we pretty much had to go with a converted guitarist, Matt is from BRT and is actually quite fucking good.

Disturbed4ntics said:
How much does a set of drums cost? Also, what about lessons?

Are they a lot as well?
Well, yes, money is a problem when playing drums, everything costs out the ass, lessons wouldn't cost that much, but the buying of the drums would.

Strapping Young LAd
Meatlocker Seven
Zimmers Hole
Blasphemy
Annihilator ( altho I hear they moved )
Dayglo Abortions
Three Inches Of Blood

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
www.fuckingmetal.com

Diamanthian

Local Liverpool band, Brutal Death Metal, the drummer Pete and the Guitarist are huge Suffocation fans

Yeah but without local (well regional) legend Mad Mick the drunken scouser will they ever be the same???!!!

My old band (www.unsilence.co.uk) did some gigs with them - Pete seemed like a really nice guy.

OK local bands for me:

The Enchanted (www.theenchanted.co.uk)
Solstice
My Dying Bride
Tefra
Conquest of Steel
Unsilence

And my new locality

The River (www.doomriver.co.uk)
Cambian Dawn
Indenisence