Your favourite local band

Nehebkau

Sep 17, 2006
Do any bands from your area stand out? Share some local bands which you think are great.

My favourite would be Virgin Black from South Australia. They play a mix of doom/symphonic metal.

She's In Pain, myspace them, not too shabby. kind of death metalish/and just overall strange. not sure exactly what genre they say they are in.

Grenade. Not exactely active these days though (due to lack of a full line up). The Howling Damned is amazing though.

Chaotic Impurity http://www.myspace.com/chaoticimpurity (recordings on this myspace aren't so good, but they're fuckin great live) Note toneye with the blood covered face. Smashed a schooner over his head that night.

Aside from my own band, which I think will be pretty good once people start showing up to practice, there's not much. I don't know of any other metal bands in town. There' definitely tons of lame metalcore in Boston, though.

Chunky Discharge were a really cool experimental rock band, but I'm not sure if they're still around since all the members graduated this year. Not sure if they recorded anything.

Shadar Logoth. In fact, the guy who posts here under that name is the member who lives two towns over from me.

They are pretty much the only decent Metal band in the whole state.

There's this one self proclaimed "Blackened Progressive Death Metal" band around here called Apothys, and they kick ass.