WHAT THE FUCK? SLIPKNOT Drummer To Join SATYRICON For U.S. Tour - Oct. 5, 2004

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
SLIPKNOT Drummer To Join SATYRICON For U.S. Tour - Oct. 5, 2004

SLIPKNOT drummer Joey Jordison will join Norwegian black metallers SATYRICON for their upcoming headlining U.S. tour, which is scheduled to kick off December 2 in San Francisco, CA.

The never-ending saga of SATYRICON drummer Frost's inability enter the U.S. due to heightened homeland security has united Satyr and longtime friend Joey Jordison for this three-week run of dates.

Satyr has questioned touring possibilities in the U.S. "Frost's Visa to enter the States case has made everything extremely difficult for us and there have even been times I've thought to give up on touring America," he said.

"I'm just very glad that we have a new tour lined up," he continued in a statement. "I think all of our fans stateside will agree that SATYRICON deserve a better chance to establish the band and our style of music we believe in than, more so than we've had so far. I think our music, our effort and all the people who believe in SATYRICON in the U.S. want us to succeed and Joey Jordison is a good example of that. I never had to convince him that touring with SATYRICON would be 'cool.' It was rather a question of overcoming the practical obstacles with Joey being a key member of a very successful band. His enthusiasm and skill is exactly what SATYRICON needs to raise the spirit in the camp. I have looked for drummers over here and most of them are afraid they can't match Frost's level of drumming so they pull out before we even get started with them. Joey and I have spent a lot of time making sure he is well prepared; and it is nice to be able to fulfill the wishes of all the fans I talked to on the MORBID ANGEL tour who wanted to see us play in America. SATYRICON is coming back!"

SATYRICON tentative tour dates:

Dec. 02 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's/The Pound
Dec. 03 - Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues/The Roxy
Dec. 04 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
Dec. 05 - Phoenix, AZ @ The Marquee
Dec. 07 - Austin, TX @ Trees
Dec. 08 - Houston, TX @ Engine Room
Dec. 09 - Dallas, TX @ Back Room
Dec. 10 - Tulsa, OK @ The Other Side
Dec. 11 - St. Louis, MO @ Pop's
Dec. 12 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
Dec. 13 - Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
Dec. 15 - New York, NY @ BB Kings
Dec. 16 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
Dec. 17 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero/TLA
Dec. 18 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Dec. 19 - TBA
Dec. 20 - TBA
Dec. 21 - TBA

seriously.... what the fuck

The old Satyricon is dead, really dead. Face it- but that doesn't mean the new one can PUT ON ONE FUCK OF A SHOW.

WORCHESTER, MA-------------- HERE I COMEEEE

Dead_Lioness said:
What's wrong Will ?
Will's just being a bitch kuz he thinks slipknot sucks because they are mainstream. The only metal he likes is if nobody else has heard of it. Slipknot may not be the best band out there but Joey J. can rip it up.

Maybe itll help Satyricon get some more fans. I saw them in Albq. this past summer and they were awesome live. Suffocation sucked and Morbid Angel was pretty good.Hes just a drummer helping out I dont see a problem. If they play the otherside in Tulsa it will be there smallest show. I use to live there and that place holds like 500 hundred people but when Inflames played there was only like 70 people there . They should skip Tulsa and come back to NEW MEXICO.

How about you all shut the fuck up. Being an old fan of shitnot (When I was in the 5-6th grade... sadly. :() I know that his drumming skills are not fit for Satyricon. He's definitly no Frost.

Yep. And Acie... who says JJ did his absolute best in Slipknot? You can't bust out brain melting fills and doube bass when the song doesn't require it. JJ holds world records. I hate Slipknot, but if he got the gig with Satyricon.. he's damn good.

Marksveld said:
The old Satyricon is dead, really dead. Face it- but that doesn't mean the new one can PUT ON ONE FUCK OF A SHOW.

WORCHESTER, MA-------------- HERE I COMEEEE
dude, i go there for shows all the time... maybe i'll go to this show
any know who they are touring with?

I think it's excellent. The article says Satyr and Joey are longtime friends. It's always awesome to be able to play with your friends, especially on a 3 week tour!

I don't see what the big deal is. No one cared when Dave Lombardo jammed with Metallica a few months back.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Maybe itll help Satyricon get some more fans. I saw them in Albq. this past summer and they were awesome live. Suffocation sucked and Morbid Angel was pretty good.Hes just a drummer helping out I dont see a problem. If they play the otherside in Tulsa it will be there smallest show. I use to live there and that place holds like 500 hundred people but when Inflames played there was only like 70 people there . They should skip Tulsa and come back to NEW MEXICO.

Well the Dallas and Austin dates are mixed up...Trees is in Dallas, the backroom is in Austin ...but I assume the dates are correct. I must see this.

And OH MY GOD you live in New Mexico? I'm moving there in December ....I'm scared of Albuquerque, will you be my friend? :loco:

Wolftribe said:
dude, i go there for shows all the time... maybe i'll go to this show
any know who they are touring with?

That would be a good time, we could meet up for a night of blacknessssss

well sorry to everyone for having an opinion and not seeing the slipknot drummer fitting in satyricon.

as for me not liking mainstream stuff? I like Soil's first CD. I enjoy some Godsmack. I also like a Maroon 5 song.