Guess Who Is Filling In For Frost!?!

Crimson Velvet said:
And why do you think that?
Just personal preference I suppose. Their old work all seems like imitations of better bands, and none of it does anything for me at all. They're newer stuff isn't anything I would want to listen to all that often but it does have a bit of individuality and isn't trying too hard to fit a genre tag.

The Shadowthrone was their best, a more refined and coherent Dark Medieval Times. I've heard a couple songs off of Nemesis Divina and enjoyed them. I've heard one off of Rebel Extravaganza and enjoyed that. I enjoy Volcano.

I don't give a shit who's the drummer.

To carry something over from the topic about them touring with System Of A Down. That would be because Satyricon's new albums are distributed in the United States by Daron Malakian's label, EaturMusic. So that's where that connection comes from.

Dark Medieval Times is a brilliant record, vastly underrated. One of my alltime favourite albums, and I feel it captures the spirit and mysticism of the early Norwegian black metal scene in a brilliant way. The Shadowthrone and Nemesis Divina are both decent, whereas I dont care much for Rebel Extravaganza and Volcano.