Record Stores in Chicago

Master_Yoda77

Juggalo
Mar 30, 2008
Chicago, Illinois
Taking a trip up to Chicago tomorrow and I was wondering what are the best record stores to visit? I was thinking about going to one of the Reckless Records stores but if you guys know of places that have a better collection, I'd love to know.

K thanks.

Dan's on Clark Street has some cool stuff, including metal, but it's only vinyl. Reckless in Wicker Park has a pretty decent metal section, both cds and vinyl. Permanent Records has a random selection of shit, so if you go there plan on just wandering and flicking indiscriminately through the stacks. You might find some gems though, so keep your eyes open.

Both the Reckless in Wicker Park and the one on Broadway near Belmont shore have a very good selection imo, I would definitely at least check out one of the locations. And make sure to stop by Kuma's if you can!

I pretty much only buy stuff from shows and online now that Metal Haven is closed. Although Rolling Stones out by Harlem and Irving sometimes has some decent stuff. They only stock new releases or re-releases, but the prices drop to $10 or even $8 if things sit too long.

Yeah didn't have a whole lot of time to check any of the places out, but I did eat at Kuma's. Fuckng delicious. I got the YOB burger. They need to name their burgers after better bands and play better music and not allow so many hipsters, poseurs, and non-metal fans inside.