CD Suggestion.

OctoberEthereal

Never Made A Snowman
Aug 1, 2004
Indiana
I own Blackwater Park and Damnation. I love both of them, although Damnation was more an experimental album. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to which album I should buy next? A friend said My Arms, Your Hearse is a good one. Of course, this is Opeth we're talking about. Anyway, feedback is appreciated.

if you already like BWP you will like MAYH, still life and deliverance for sure. get one of those, which one is unimportant imo.

morningrise and orchid are different in terms of style...

Thanks guys. I think I may go with MAYH first. Then Still Life for sure. And yes, I intend to own them all. But I don't have that kind of money at the moment. And [KOTNO], what do you mean by Orchid and Morningrise being different? The sound?

those are the two oldest and they had a change of style after morningrise. the riffs on the old cds are more guitar-dueling-like and not like the newer ones. it's pretty interesting and i love both cds...if you are hooked with may arms, still life and deliverance and you are still a fan you can get those two and you'll like them for sure as well...

OctoberEthereal said:
I own Blackwater Park and Damnation. I love both of them, although Damnation was more an experimental album. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to which album I should buy next? A friend said My Arms, Your Hearse is a good one. Of course, this is Opeth we're talking about. Anyway, feedback is appreciated.
I would just go backwards from their catalogue. Not like it really matters, anyway. They're all good albums...though going back cronologically could seem like fun. ;)