CD Text Wavelab - need help

Skaldir

formerly known as Unicorn
Nov 3, 2001
Germany
www.kalthallen.de
Hi,
I hope someone of you can help me.
I have probelms with adding CD text in an "Audiomontage" (whats the english word?)
First, my cd recorder supports it and everything else. :)
My question: How does it get saved on the CD? An extra file? I have just the .cda files on the audio cd at the end. I heard that there must be a .bin file with the CD text information. I have only .cue when I render...
Anyone had this probelm or can help?
Thanks in advance,

Markus

Unicorn said:
Hi,
I hope someone of you can help me.
I have probelms with adding CD text in an "Audiomontage" (whats the english word?)
First, my cd recorder supports it and everything else. :)
My question: How does it get saved on the CD? An extra file? I have just the .cda files on the audio cd at the end. I heard that there must be a .bin file with the CD text information. I have only .cue when I render...
Anyone had this probelm or can help?
Thanks in advance,

Markus
if you are planning to send this to a plant for glass mastering and manufacture i wouldn't use CD Text at all.. it is a major cause for failure of the tests conducted by manufacturing plants prior to moving forward with production. i cannot tell you why exactly.. but this has been my experience, and in one case one of the main techs at the manufacturing plant used by Century Media, and most every other label, told that i should never encode CD Text because it would always cause a failure.... CD text was a good idea that has never been fully implemented.. most programs these days for burning redbook cd's will allow you to encode it.. and you can get it to work in players that support it.. but for some reason, probably lack of interest and/or finances to change, the plants have yet to embrace it on a wide scale.