CD wholesale pricing

Nimvi

Aug 5, 2010
The Netherlands
Good day gentlemen,

Not sure if this is a fitting sub-forum to post this question, but here it goes:
I'm currently starting to sell a self-distributed release and there are some requests from record shops to buy a batch of 10-20 for wholesale prices.

I've been trying to find out if there is a rough standard pricing for these situations. Most answers I find say 50-60% of retail price, but those are just general wholesale estimates. Are CD's any different in this aspect? I would prefer not to come across like a jack-ass when haggling with these shops :lol:

Thank you all!

I have some infos from here in Germany. The lowest I witnessed was something like 5,80 €. Mostly around 7 € I'd say. Depends on the CD. If it's an expensive digipak it can be even higher.

Thank you very much, Skaldir. That's around the level I was thinking as well. The usual sale price is 12 euros so around 7 for a shop is probably fair, give or take.

Honestly, I don't even really care about a euro more or less, but I would hate to low-ball our work out of ignorance.