CDs you purchased for the hell of it and didn't think you would like too much but did

korruption

Amateur Dentist
May 13, 2002
Canada
My two recent purchases were:
Amorphis - Tuonela: This CD just gets better and better each time I listen to it. There is either songs I love or like, none of them are fillers.

Absolute favourites are: The Way, Greed, and Rusty Moon

Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side: All I can say is when everyone says this is their best album I can't help but agree. Amazing to say the least.

Absolute favourites are: Title track, I'm Alive, The Script for my Requiem, and Another Holy War.

Quick question about Amorphis - Greed... Is it Pasi or Tomi who handles the death vocals for this song?

The Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame: I was looking for something different and had read several threads about how they were the best jazz fusion around, so I just bought the CD on a whim. At first I didn't think it was that great but now I love it; I like every song except for "The Dance of Maya." The drumming at the start of "Vital Transformation" kicks my ass. :)

Yearning - Plaintive Scenes: Random purchase based on some reviews of the band... pretty good, but I rarely listen to it.

Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever: It's decent... I don't like "Suite Charlotte Pike" though, and I rarely listen to it, but it's not a bad CD.

Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance: I wasn't really into "brutal" death metal when I bought this, but I sure am now. :)

Extol-Undecieved

I purchased this on sale ($9.99), without ever hearing the band, going on nothing else then the 5 star review it had on amazon.com

Wow, I was completely blown away.

Quick question about Amorphis - Greed... Is it Pasi or Tomi who handles the death vocals for this song?

Pasi does all the singing since Tuoenla, he shared with Tomi on Elegy.

Shadows Fall - The art of balance: I didn't like their earlier stuff all that much, but I heard 2 songs from the new one, and it was dirt cheap with all the extra tracks and videos that came with it, so I grabbed it.

Sirenia - At sixes and sevens: Heard one song and that it was by the previous vocalist of tristania, whom I like a lot, so I bought it and it was practically an extension of beyond the veil.

Death - Human: I had a free CD from the record store for filling up a card, so I grabbed this on a whim. I was not disappointed :)

Originally posted by TrevJ
The Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame: I was looking for something different and had read several threads about how they were the best jazz fusion around, so I just bought the CD on a whim. At first I didn't think it was that great but now I love it; I like every song except for "The Dance of Maya." The drumming at the start of "Vital Transformation" kicks my ass. :)

Yes, Mahavishnu Orchestra is great! Tons of energy in that album. If you haven't, you should check out Return to Forever's Romantic Warrior, it's another fusion classic. It's got the Great Al DiMeola on it:D