What Countries have you visited, and what did you think of them?

tcall

WAAaaaaaaaAAAAaaa!!
Apr 21, 2001
Timmy's house
www.tcall.freeserve.co.uk
France: Paris was nice, scenic with nice buildings, bars and cafes etc. The northern coast was just plain boring. And wine valleys are about as interesting as the sound ;)

Belgium: Well, only spent a couple of hours on the Motorway passing through, so can't really give a fair judgement. Zeebrugge was full of windmills, and the rest was typical scenes from a school bus :loco:

Germany: Never again!!
Rain. Mucky river. Mist. Trees. This was the Koblenz area. Went to Phantasia Land for one day.... The ONLY good day!! :heh:

Canada: Quebec, Montreal, Toronto area. Canada was great. Had my first ever McDonalds, first Drive In movie, first Water Park, first Theme Park. Sunny. Hot. Lots of Maple forrests.
Oh, and saw horses have sex!! (well I was only 10... it amused me at the time ;))

Spain: Sun, sex, sand, sea... what more can I say? The motorways and the drivers suck tho!!!

Barbados: Is that a country?
Well it sucked anyway!! My advice is to save your money!! You can't sunbathe on the beach without getting constantly harrassed by people begging for money. You can't eat without fear of getting food poisoning. You can't leave your hotel without fear of getting mugged. You can't walk on the sand without the fucking crabs getting ya, and you can't swim in the sea without the fear that you're gonna get gobbled up by a shark any minute!!!
Sex in the sea is good tho :heh:

Wales: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.s. I'm drunk :D

The Netherlands. The curse on my shoulders is that I live only 25 kilometers away from them: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh !!! ;)

France: Been there countless times, as I live only 20 kilometers from the border. Well: arrogant pigs they are, but Paris has its good elements. ANd they make good films

England: lived there for 6 weeks with a family, when I was about 16. Happened on the Isle of Wight, during a huge sailing festival. Easy Chicks, Plenty of beers and Parties. Great great great. :)
Went a couple of times to London as well.
I also went camping 10 days near London on a scouting terrain. That kicked fucking ass.
And then we walked from Canterbury to Ramsgate once too. Beautiful villages, cheap record stores. :loco: :D

Germany: lived there for about 8 months. Germans are Germans. But I had a pretty cool time. As a matter of fact, best days of my life. :)

For Hungary I've got two words: GONOSZ ASSZONY. The women just want to rip you apart, as soon as they get the chance. They've got the best festival in human history though: pepsi fest. :)

Greece: Too hot for me. First country I was, where I really felt a stranger. Maybe I went to the wrong places. Maybe some other things have got to do with it. ;)

Turkey: well I had 10 really fuckin' great days out there. Eating 3 meals at the same time at 16h00. Playing footbal in the middle of the night. Beautiful and busy metropole. I loved it. It's a beautiful land. The Turks simply don't deserve it, maybe except that Kerpe girl ;)

Poland: well it fucking rained from morning till evening, and only thing we had was a bike and a towel. People were very very friendly.

Slowakia: it's got some nice parts, but I'll never forget when we crossed a few mountains and found ourselves back in some kind of "gypsy land". I just hope that the EU ministers will think thwice before taking them into the next EU enlargment round. THere simply not ready for it.

Switzerland: nice country, but too fucking expensive. I was 14 so I can't remember much about it.

Chech Republic: I went to Prague for a couple of days. It was freezing, though it was the end of february; We went there with 12 of which 9 were girls. Of course it was great. :) Chech girls are damn erotic.

I hope I didn't miss any countries: next countries to visit are Italy, Spain and of course Russia. And of course I would have loved it to see little Athena, but I guess we'll meet soon enough in Budapest :D

Greece: Very beautiful and historical place.Nice ladies everywhere.Hot blooded people.But strange taxi drivers.The only thing that they know is to get the money of the tourists.Lots of traffic signs everywhere.But I was shocked when I saw Athens because it's the mixture of Istanbul and Izmir.

Germany: been there for about a week in Munich but i was only 5 (I have a cute pic taken there, I attach - i am the blond one). As far as I remember the country is quite beautiful especially those 17th century castles, but I don't like German people in general.

Croatia: been there several times, Adriatic coast. Nice people (mostly), wonderful coast, but lately a little too expensive. Anyway, i loved being there! Croatia belonged to Hungary for several hundred years, i want it back because of the coast :cry:

Montenegro: we drove through the Yugoslavia just a few month before the Bosnian war, and after the Croatia vs. Yugoslavia war. The mountains are impressive and extremely beautiful. The country is a little poor and we saw lots of buildings colapsed because of the bombs, but the coastal towns are beautiful, historical and more or less wealthy. People are nice too. I liked!

Greece: been there several times. I loved Crete very-very-VERY much, the climate is wonderful - always sunny but you don't feel hot because of that blessed little wind. Heraklion is impressive, esp. the ruins of the ancient palace! The sea is like a dream. Oh, and I remember that woman with the fucking huge breasts taking sunbathe near us every day! :D (Ju don't kill me, I was just 14, eheh)
The other parts of Greece are very nice but fucking hot (except Olympos eheh). I loved the historical shit in Athens, Mucenae, etc. etc. etc.

Italy: Just saw Trieste and a few other places in the north, went there on a ship from Croatia. Nice. Ancient Hungarian tribes plundered that place a few times ;)

Slovakia: Been there twice, last time 3 years ago in Bratislava to see the Slovakia-Hungary EC-qualifier (0-0). Girls are pretty, the historical part of the city is beautiful - former Hungarian capital, eheh ;)

Poland: Nice country, pretty girls on the streets. Kraków is especially beautiful. In the 15th century a Hungarian King ruled Poland :heh:

England: lived there for 2 weeks with a family in 1993, in Barnstaple, Cornwall. Beautiful towns and countryside. I loooooved Clovelly. The smell of Exeter from the distance was a little disturbing though.

Austria: Been there several times. I love that place. Vienna is more beautiful than Budapest (though Juliana disagrees). Who cares, both were (/are) capitals of Hungary. ;) I love that the streets every in Austria are so clean. The hills are fucking beautiful.

Turkey: First time I visited Asia. :D 10 wonderful days there. I think it was 70% the company and 30% the country that I enjoyed it that much. The country is beautiful, but the Black Sea is fucking cold, and the rocks are fucking hard. :loco: What I liked the most was the atmosphere of Istanbul - a city plundered several times by Hungarian hordes :cry:

Switzerland: The Zurich airport is fucking big. It was interesting that I could have bought sharp metal knives, swords in a shop about 20 meters far from the gate where I entered the plane without any security control - 8 days after Sept. 11 :eek:
Oh, according to the chronicles, after some Hungarian tribes had plundered a Swiss cathedral or temple in the 8th century, their leader took a shit on the altar. :rolleyes: :lol:

Brazil: Some of the people are nice, some are fucking not; all of the are ugly. São Paulo is too big, too polluted, and too hot, but there are a few great metal shops.
If the ancient Hungarians had ships they would have conquered this land for sure :mad:

Belgium: just like Tcall, I passed through some parts, but in the middle of the night, so I could only talk about the smell ;) Almost spent 10 days there though, but my spine didn't really want to go :)

France: I saw Calais from the ship, but I don't remember.

Czech Rep: I know I've been there, but not sure what I did, it was too long ago.

Attachments

• 44.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 13
I'll keep it short and mention only my favorites:

Best people: Hungary and South Korea
Finest scenery: Scotland
Hottest girls: Poland
Best kitchen (next to Tcall's): Poland and Italy
Best city layouts: France
Best in sports: Croatia
Best in metal: Germany
Cheapest prices: Argentina
Softest hotel towels / most comfortable beds: Sweden
Best sunrise: Egypt
Best sunset: Norway
...more to come in the morning :)

Originally posted by Evilho
Brazil: Some of the people are nice, some are fucking not; all of the are ugly. São Paulo is too big, too polluted, and too hot, but there are a few great metal shops.
If the ancient Hungarians had ships they would have conquered this land for sure :mad:

Why some of brazilian people aren't nice?:confused: :cry: :cry: :( :mad: :) :) :)

Yes, I really like Galeria do Rock...;)

BTW I just bought a Judas Priest and Avantasia T-shirts:D

Czech Republic (Prague): I loved the city, and the people there were really interesting and nice. Definitely the city I'd most love to live in.

Germany (Berlin, München): I'm not very fond of this country... there's an atmosphere I didn't like, and since it's been long time ago, the feeling is the only memory I have of the place. Maybe I'll visit it again, in the future.

Österreich (Wien, Innsbrück, Saltzburg): very beautiful cities. Clean and ordered. Even too much, maybe. Same thing for people. Too ordered, and kinda too 'distant'... a place I liked to visit, but in which I'd never spend my life.

Republika Hrvatska (a.k.a. Croatia; I visited Rovinji and other cities in Istria): nice place. Reminds of what most beautiful of Italy, but with a more rural landscape.
The city of Rovinji is in 'partnership'(I dunno the proper english term) with Limena, a town near Padova, through the respective Photo clubs...
Rovinji is a very beautiful port city, somewhat reminiscent of Venice, with a very nice historic center...

Originally posted by Malveaux

Germany (Berlin) : I'm not very fond of this country... there's an atmosphere I didn't like, and since it's been long time ago, the feeling is the only memory I have of the place. Maybe I'll visit it again, in the future.

That's about what I felt about the place. Just about every where I've gone people have always been very appreciative of the fact that you try to speak their language (and I do mean try because I'm an idiot with languages, totally useless). But I will always make the effort - it's the polite thing to do. The only place where I wasted my breath was Germany. I think maybe it's because I'm English. :lol:

I've also been to the USA - stayed in New York City, had a great time and I loved it there. It is also the place where I did the only illegal things in my life - I pissed in Central Park and I drank alcohol on the street in Time Square. Ooooh, I'm such a rebel,. :tickled: :lol: And yes, both those things are totally illegal.

France - Paris, Loire Valley, Calais, Bolougne (sp?) and Dunkirk. I actually quite like France, it's not a bad place, although the people were a little strange, but you could say that of any country really. :)

Menorca - Beautiful island, I love it!! I want to go again, and I want to move there for good - a wonderful place!

Ireland - My mother is Irish so I've spent alot of time here. The most laid back country in the world. The people are fab, and the country side is gorgeous.

Scotland - Never again.

Wales - I lived here for three years. It's a lovely place. I know the mid and southern parts of it the best.

Australia - lived here for seven months. Unfortunately it's a shame I'll haven't been to any of the other states because although I think Queensland is probably the most beautiful state in the country, the people in Brisbane are dead. They go to bed at 9pm, which is just as well because everything closes. Forget trying to get a meal, or see a film after that time. Your weird if you sleep in late (people wake at 7am even on Sunday). There days are too short here. On the one hand they live in paradise but I suppose they take it for granted and so do nothing with it. It's a shame. I'd like to see some other parts of the country to see if they are all like this. If they are I don't know if I could move back here. I like walking out of the pub after work and walking round the corner into Picadilly Circus at 11.30pm to start my shopping in Virgin Megastore. I like knowing that whatever my mood might be I'll find a shop or a cinema or a restaurant to fit it. Someone needs to revolutionise Brisbane and make it a little more cosmopolitan. Then it would be the perfect place to live. :)

I stopped off in Singapore on my way over here, but I don't think that counts. ;)

USA (Santa Rosa, San Francisco, Los Angeles) :One of my best times in my life, I'll never forget it. Though everything wasn't so "big, great, gorgeous" etc. than I expected but it was great. Cool stores, nice people (some were not so nice :mad:).Some day I'll be going there again :cool: The only bad thing was that it was way too hot :eek: I almost melted there, there was a heat wave then, +46'C in the shadow :eek:
Sweden (Stockholm) :It was only a quick visit, I'll be going there again too ;)

That was all.... :cry:

England - a lot different to what I imagined, but also the same :) Moving there in May, so I'll get to see more of it (hopefully!). Some of the people are rude, but it's also where my two best mates live, so no worries there :)

Wales - *cough* Nice countryside...

Germany - loved it, except for Berlin, and the shopkeepers. Other than that, I actually considered moving there except I can't speak German :eek:

Japan - Spent a day in Tokyo, and even from that I managed to notice how weird the place is! :eek:

Australia - it's paradise, innit?;)

wow - all you worldly travellers.

Canada - that's it for me - although I've been to practically every state in the US. I loved Quebec City and Vancouver, and Montreal will always be a fun place to go. The Gaspe Peninsula is beautiful, as well as Jasper and Banff. Noca Scotia is pretty, and the trans-Canadien highway is a great ride.

Italy=Superb..superb...superb...
England=I didn't like much except brighton..Oxford is nice..
France=I am in love with paris...lyon is ok..
Switzerland=Brrrr...cold...but very nice..

ok... Here are my reviews:

ITALY A great experience... Beautiful towns :) Nice and friendly people :D and really INCREDIBLE guys :eek: (these are the real monuments I would swear)... well I went there at 16 and my hormons were a little bit out of control you know ;-) On the other hand, Italians drive like hell, but anyway I am used to becoming a Kamicaze everytime I cross the street (see my nationality <----)

HOLLAND Also highly recommendable... What I remember: No mountains, no rubbish on the streets. There are not many cultural things to see; there are though a lot walking monuments. You can cross the streets without risk for your life. I stayed in Nijmegen and it was rather boring:zzz: , but I will never forget my visit to Amsterdam... It is a beautiful city.

ENGLAND London is worth the visit, very cosmopolitan. I like it... As for Portsmouth, in my opinion it sucks. The place I liked a huge LOT was the Isle of Wight, I loved it. Go there if you have the chance. As for guys, they are rather average :bah:

Originally posted by kkfootee
ok... Here are my reviews:

ITALY A great experience... Beautiful towns :) Nice and friendly people :D and really INCREDIBLE guys :eek: (these are the real monuments I would swear)... well I went there at 16 and my hormons were a little bit out of control you know ;-) On the other hand, Italians drive like hell, but anyway I am used to becoming a Kamicaze everytime I cross the street (see my nationality <----)

HOLLAND Also highly recommendable... What I remember: No mountains, no rubbish on the streets. There are not many cultural things to see; there are though a lot walking monuments. You can cross the streets without risk for your life. I stayed in Nijmegen and it was rather boring:zzz: , but I will never forget my visit to Amsterdam... It is a beautiful city.

ENGLAND London is worth the visit, very cosmopolitan. I like it... As for Portsmouth, in my opinion it sucks. The place I liked a huge LOT was the Isle of Wight, I loved it. Go there if you have the chance. As for guys, they are rather average :bah:

hey, cutie, let me just say that if it's only about the guys, you should have gone to Belgium! :loco: :D