Killswitch Engage ... What do you think of them ?

Xtreme987

Sep 6, 2003
I'd like to know what you all think of Killswitch Engage ?

Don't just tell me they're awesome or they suck but I know some of you will anyway but please tell me why ?

Personally I think they kick ass and they were the most underrated act on the Ozzfest tour. After listening to all the bands on the first stage & even some of the main stage & watching the crowds reaction to all of them I know Killswitch gained a ton of fans on that tour. The music itself is so good. One reason I like it is because alot of the positive lyrics in the songs. Don't think that makes them soft. Listen to "Life to Lifeless" and you'll see what I mean.

I can't wait to hear their next album. It should dominate !!!

I really like them..but i'm slowly creeping away from them for some reason..uhh but i like them..i saw them in concert with cof and they were awsum:) but yea i like them..and uh the guitarist is hot:) i like the song life to lifeless

They do need to try some new things on their next album. They probably will now with their new singer Howard Jones. He seems to be widely accepted by most fans. I really like what they did with the tune "When Darkness Falls" off the Freddy vs. Jason Soundtrack.

yes yes yes... When Darkness Falls kicked majorly. Yes, Killswitch is a very sweeeet band. they are the first (as far as I know) to incorporate that clean, smoother, lighter chorus into the chaos of their songs. I met the whole band at Ozzfest this year and got their autographs on my Ozzfest ticket, which I saved :). O yeah and I found out for all u guitarists that Adam and Joel play their guitars tuned in Dropped C tuning (as I thought originally). Can't wait 4 their next album cuz listening to songs like My Last Serenade and Fixation on The Darkness was like orgasmic ahahaha :)

i've got a couple of their albums but i haven't really listened to them enough to form a good opinion. i do like them from the little that i've listened to them though.

Their last album was great imho. I agree with ffanatic about the song structure bit as it can get a bit predictable but ya, they still blend melody with a bit of brutality pretty well. One of the better "Metalcore" bands out.

they're ok,

i saw them live last year, they was prety good, where they had their temp lead singer though, he let the crowds sing quite alot of the words,

i still think the original singer was better

useless shit.
I knew that was coming. A reasonless, inane statement bashing an excellent band.

I personally don't find their song structures all that predictable. They sound like In Flames, but they do the clean parts right, still use occasional acoustics, and don't so solos, which is OK, cause the music don't need 'em.

I like Howard Jones, because he has a natural 'feeling' to his voice. You could tell Leach used a pitch corrector sometimes.

Yeah, Jesse and Howard both have a great dynamic to their voices, where they can both scream their asses off then hit you with an awesome vocal melody. I think it comes off sounding more like Burton C. Bell then Corey Taylor.

And before anybody says that their lack of solos = lack of talent, please go see them live and listen to their soundcheck. Adam and Joel can fuckin shred if they want to:p

anonymousnick2001 said:
I knew that was coming. A reasonless, inane statement bashing an excellent band.

Excellent is a matter of opinion.

I hate what happens. A European band will do something awesome, then an American band will rip it off and be successful, most of these Gothy type kids think that Evanesence are the first band with a woman singer, if I mention Nightwish or Lacuna Coil I am greeted with blank expressions, I see Killswitch Engage as some guys who heard In Flames a while ago and thought, lets copy them, and now that Americans are lapping up Killswitch engage, In Flames want some of that cash and have followed suit and N*Flamz are a joke.

So I hate them because they are rip-off merchants, as are most American "Nu-Core" bands or whatever you call them...

I call it shite

No Solos :bah:

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
Excellent is a matter of opinion.

I hate what happens. A European band will do something awesome, then an American band will rip it off and be successful, most of these Gothy type kids think that Evanesence are the first band with a woman singer, if I mention Nightwish or Lacuna Coil I am greeted with blank expressions, I see Killswitch Engage as some guys who heard In Flames a while ago and thought, lets copy them, and now that Americans are lapping up Killswitch engage, In Flames want some of that cash and have followed suit and N*Flamz are a joke.

So I hate them because they are rip-off merchants, as are most American "Nu-Core" bands or whatever you call them...

I call it shite

No Solos :bah:
where the FUCK r u getting your information from?
Killswitch Engage doesn't sound even remotely related to In Flames. In Flames fits in the melodic death metal category and Killswitch Engage in the Emo Hardcore category (they said it on their site). I'm almost 100% certain they didn't copy In Flames and wouldn't want to. ALso, In Flames has been around years longer than KSE has and I'm sure they didn't 'want some of that cash' because they already have more than KSE has from their older records.
Rip-off merchants my ASS. Soooo buddy what have we learned today? That's right GET INFORMED!!!

NocturnalSun said:
where the FUCK r u getting your information from?
Killswitch Engage doesn't sound even remotely related to In Flames. In Flames fits in the melodic death metal category and Killswitch Engage in the Emo Hardcore category (they said it on their site). I'm almost 100% certain they didn't copy In Flames and wouldn't want to. ALso, In Flames has been around years longer than KSE has and I'm sure they didn't 'want some of that cash' because they already have more than KSE has from their older records.
Rip-off merchants my ASS. Soooo buddy what have we learned today? That's right GET INFORMED!!!

What have I learnt today, nothing from this forum or you anyway, seriously, you believe what you want but don't try to tell me what to think, I heard some KSE songs on Kerrang TV the other day and they soud like N*flamz to me.

You can talk about Nu-Melodic-Gay-Ass-Symphonic-Emo-Core or Dark-Ambient-Sludge-Grind and genres and shit like that all you want, the bottom line is that's what I think and I think they sound like N*Flamz, In Flames are shit now anyway, and even if they didn't sound like In Flames, there are only two catergories of how music sounds anyway

Good Or Shite

They fall into the Latter