Killswitch Engage ... What do you think of them ?

Killswitch are OK. There are better bands in the genre, and there are worse bands. I liked Alive or Just Breathing when I first got it, but very quickly grew tired of it.

And no, KSE and In FLames don't sound a thing alike. One is metalcore and the other is melodic bubble-gum death-pop metal.

You people are crazy, but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Killswitch Engage is an alright band in my opinion, they have pretty good clean vocals but after awhile they all start sounding the same. They do not sound one fucking but like Inflames, if you think that I think you're probably listening to a different band. Just because R2R wasn't up to your par.

As for Arch Enemy, I love Arch Enemy, the catchy riffs with excellent tasteful guitarwork.

I'm supporting the "Let's turn this into an Arch Enemy Thread" Revolution. :)

Arch Enemy, generic sure, but kickass, you bet. Love everyone of their members, they all do an excellent jon. Bury Me An Angel, Their Starbreaker Cover and The ever so popular Ravenous, all excellent songs that are some of my favorite from any newer metal group. Can't wait to see them on the slayer tour when they stop by October 24th, already got my ticket :)

Utuk Xul said:
Killswitch sounds like In Flames? In Flames switched their sound to appeal to fans of Killswitch? HAHAHAHAHA

No, N*Flamz changed their sound to sound like Slipknot, just listen to "Watch Them Feed", sonds like a Slipknot song to me, and my mate who's a Slipknot fan, he likes N*Flamz now.

Apparently N*Flamz are looking for a "Big North American Label" when their Nuclear Blast one ends after the next album, that is after the one they are making now, yep they deserve it.

Bottomline

In Flames = Good
N*Flamz = Bad
KSE = Load Of Arse

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
just listen to "Watch Them Feed", sonds like a Slipknot song to me,

You could have picked any song off R2R over this one, its the best in flames for years. In Flames are nowhere near Slipknot. R2R sounds like nothing else - its not catchy, its rhythm is unlike their other albums, not 'pleasing' to the ear at all unlike Slipknot. Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean it sucks. They are finally experimenting, R2R takes elements from country, metal, folk, pop. Can you honestly see Slipknot kids listening to songs like 'Metaphor' or 'Dawn of a new Day? If you're going to call anyone 'sellouts' turn to Arch Enemy - their new album is a total disgrace

Slipknot? Anders couldn't sound like Corey Taylor if he tried, which is good, becuz Coreys voice is SHIT. If u mean the guitars, then yes they sound a LITTLE like them, but the solos still sound of perfect In Flames quality. I'm betting part of the reason for this change is Bjorn and Jesper now using Gibsons fulltime instead of ESP guitars and changing their rigs up. If that's what you mean (distortion) by 'sounding like Slipknot'.

Don't get me wrong, Slipknot suxks balls cuz they don't do justice to their sound. In Flames does and pulls it off very good. The thought didn't even enter my mind about them sounding like In Flames when I heard Watch Them Feed, and it still doesn't because In Flames does NOT suck. Slipknot's drums are totally different, the guitar company (BC Rich) is different, Corey sucks, and.... yea so there...

In Flames does NOT = Slipknot

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
No, N*Flamz changed their sound to sound like Slipknot, just listen to "Watch Them Feed", sonds like a Slipknot song to me, and my mate who's a Slipknot fan, he likes N*Flamz now.
That's funny because to me, "Watch Them Feed" sounds like a cut from Colony. It's also probably one of the better In Flames songs written in the last few years.

As far as Anders vs Corey, I'd take Corey Taylor anyday. He sings and screams with way more conviction, while Anders came off on R2R as some half ass Jonathon Davis.