What Countries have you visited

peterjack

New Metal Member
Jul 3, 2017
France: Paris was nice, scenic with nice buildings, bars and cafes etc. The northern coast was just plain boring. And wine valleys are about as interesting as the sound ;)

Belgium: Well, only spent a couple of hours on the Motorway passing through, so can't really give a fair judgement. Zeebrugge was full of windmills, and the rest was typical scenes from a school bus :loco:

Germany: Never again!!
Rain. Mucky river. Mist. Trees. This was the Koblenz area. Went to Phantasia Land for one day.... The ONLY good day!! :heh:

Canada: Quebec, Montreal, Toronto area. Canada was great. Had my first ever McDonalds, first Drive In movie, first Water Park, first Theme Park. Sunny. Hot. Lots of Maple forrests.
Oh, and saw horses have sex!! (well I was only 10... it amused me at the time

Sweden: My home country. A lot to love, a lot to hate.

Denmark: Pretty nice in general, maybe a bit too roudy for my taste. Copenhagen is overall a great city though.

Norway: Was there when I was a baby, remember nothing of the trip but I'm proud of my small Norwegian heritage.

Germany: I love Germany, the people are nice and the country is lovely.

France: lol no. Paris was overall terrible, the only non shit part was the castles and the palaces. French people are fucking awful. The country side is a bit better though.

Spain: Eh, not really interesting in my opinion. The spanish people are a lot better than the french though but sucks almost as hard at english.

Italy: The best of the latin countries in my opinion, a lot of interesting stuff to see in Rome alone and while the people may be not perfect they do the bare minimum at least.

England: London is okay, some interesting things to do but you run out pretty quickly. The people are nice though.

Turkey: Eh, the resort was nice which was the only reason we were there but the cities suck.

Egypt: The cities are kinda awful just like in Turkey but at least you have a lot of history to relive here, the ancient temples are quite the sight.

USA: Absolutely love the US, even though New York was very rough around the edges I loved the big buildings and the really nice people. A lot to see and do too. The US is really one of my favorite countries ever.

Reactions: BitGid
USA: done roller coasters/Disney shit in Cali and Florida more than seeing the 'real' USA. Eaten delicious unhealthy food. Hawaii was nice even though I don't care for beaches. I visited Philadelphia briefly just to see Pentagram live and slept in the airport. Great gig even though I was awkwardly shy then.

Japan: first did a high school trip with a week of homestay and a weekend at a boarding school, so seen more than just the touristy stuff. But the touristy stuff seems more normal to me, haha.

Australia: been about 12 times as it's nice and close. More roller coasters, saw Steve Irwin feed crocodiles, and seen lots of concerts there too. The people are louder than here and there's more of them.

China: only a stopover in Hong Kong, did a short tour. Didn't look like there's a lot to do, but otherwise I thought it was nice, even though the harbour smelled of garbage runoff.

Switzerland: my sister lived in Zürich for 2½ years and got married there in mid-winter. Beautiful and not windy so it didn't feel too cold. Not really a friendly country, but I was there again during the 2010 World Cup and the atmosphere was fun. Went to a muddy metal festival and the sound was crap, but still an experience.

France: only went to Paris during that winter and thought it was ok, but the wind chill was freezing. I didn't interact with French people much on that trip, but I do know some great French people!

UK: went to England when it was also freezing, but I love the ale and pub food. This year I was in Scotland at a nicer time - had more ale and occasionally good food, and found the landscapes are similar to parts of home.

Italy: only stayed in Rome. Overpriced food and the infrastructure such as roads was crumbling as much as the ancient stuff. At least they have pizza.

Vatican City: world's smallest country. Walked through a lot of rooms to get to the Sistine Chapel, but most of them have equally impressive artwork, not that it's really my thing.

Germany: only been there on a day trip to Europa-Park, so roller coasters again. A few queues but otherwise fun.

US (I live in Virginia, I've been to Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida).

Jamaica

Grand Cayman

Last edited:
i live in the Netherlands but my parents are turkish so almost every year when we go to Turkey we go by car. So i go through so many countries.. But i have seen so many countries without going through it by car. Love it.

Reactions: AllShallFall
I come from the Netherlands

Sweden: Lots of trees. People seem rather rude. Very calm though, that was nice.

Denmark: Went to LEGO Land as a kid. I only remember that and having a Playstation there, haha. I was 7.

Germany: Been here several times. Love it. The more southern you go, the more beautiful it gets. Lots of hills, rivers, great beer and friendly people.

Austria: Really lovely. Went up on a mountain for the first time in my life. Ottakringer, the beer they serve in Vienna, is really good. The food is great and the people are really open and approachable.

Czechia: It was a horrible experience. I wasn't prepared that people would be so rude and distant. Also you can't really compare it to the other countries I've been to as its economy is a lot worse.

Belgium: BEEEEEEEEEEEER

Luxembourg: Lovely small towns, small roads, small hills.

Ireland: Amazing people, amazing views, amazing music and there's always something to do and see within reach.

Reactions: Bloopy
England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Finland, Greece, Turkey, Estonia, Austria, U.A.E, South Africa, Thailand, Australia, U.S.A, Singapore

I lived in Mongolia for three years. My father worked at the norwegian embassy and i moved there at the age of 14.
It is a very strange country but lovely people. Very weird culture.
One thing i learned is that for you to seek aproval of marriage at the girls parents, You must provide atleast 3 sacks of beans just for the price of actually asking. And then to prove you are worthy if the parents decide to consider the proposal, it is customary to fight a pregnant dockey to see if the proposer have what it takes to go through marriege with a woman.

I grew up overseas. Two years in Venezuela eight years in Indonesia two years in Kuwait and went to high school in Colorado USA. I’ve been to Japan Singapore England Cypress Jordan Amsterdam Australia. And my parents are from Trinidad and Tobago so I’ve been there a lot.

I grew up overseas. Two years in Venezuela eight years in Indonesia two years in Kuwait and went to high school in Colorado USA. I’ve been to Japan Singapore England Cypress Jordan Amsterdam Australia. And my parents are from Trinidad and Tobago so I’ve been there a lot.
And mexico

Argentina, Peru, Brazil, USA, Canada, Italy, Vatican City, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, Panama, Spain.

Was fortunate enough to do some backpacking a few years ago.
Itinerary as follows.. Heathrow- Hong Kong, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand

Favourite place: Cambodia. Huge variety of things to see and do. Amazing but devastating history yet friendly people!

I've visited Vietnam in my youth and more recently, South Korea and Japan. At this point in my life going backpacking again is my #1 goal. I'd like to go around Tenggara (South East Asia) for a year or so. Just the level of variety in culture, religion, architecture, geography, levels of wealth and et cetera in and around the region is mind-boggling! \ I want to experience all of it personally :yow:.

Sweden: My home country. A lot to love, a lot to hate.

Denmark: Pretty nice in general, maybe a bit too roudy for my taste. Copenhagen is overall a great city though.

Norway: Was there when I was a baby, remember nothing of the trip but I'm proud of my small Norwegian heritage.

Germany: I love Germany, the people are nice and the country is lovely.

France: lol no. Paris was overall terrible, the only non shit part was the castles and the palaces. French people are fucking awful. The country side is a bit better though.

Spain: Eh, not really interesting in my opinion. The spanish people are a lot better than the french though but sucks almost as hard at english.

Italy: The best of the latin countries in my opinion, a lot of interesting stuff to see in Rome alone and while the people may be not perfect they do the bare minimum at least.

England: London is okay, some interesting things to do but you run out pretty quickly. The people are nice though.

Turkey: Eh, the resort was nice which was the only reason we were there but the cities suck.

Egypt: The cities are kinda awful just like in Turkey but at least you have a lot of history to relive here, the ancient temples are quite the sight.

USA: Absolutely love the US, even though New York was very rough around the edges I loved the big buildings and the really nice people. A lot to see and do too. The US is really one of my favorite countries ever.
if you ran out of things to do in the England, then you were looking in the wrong places...yours sincerely...an Englishman.

My girlfriend and I leave for London on Saturday. Neither of us have ever traveled outside of the country. Decided to take o cruise tour with https://circularcruise.london/ from Westminster Pier to St. Katharine’s Pier (via Embankment Pier, Festival Pier and Bankside Pier). Can’t wait!

Last edited: