Like you didn't know, but when was the last time you heard PSBWB by Megadeth?

augdawg2

F.U.2 Master
Feb 6, 2002
Dawgland
www.geocities.com
I realize that we have quite a wealth of old school metal fans on this site, and I was just curious when the last time you people listened to "Peace sells but whos buying" by Megadeth. The only reason I ask is cause I'm listening to it right now(I think it's been about 2 years since I last heard it) and man I hate to say it but Megadeth does suck now compared to how great this album is! Wow, chuga chuga chuga metal guitar all over the place! Listen to it today folks, and remember a time when Metallica was actually scarred that Megadeth was better!

Favorite tracks from PSBWB

*Wake up Dead
*The conjuring
*Black Friday
*My Last Words

That f*cking album, as well as Rust In Peace, and parts of SFSGSW, and KIMBABIG, are AWESOME!!!! It's amazing that that same band became an AOR radio band. That being said, Dave actually has a good sense of melody, and wrote some good singles (Almost Honest, Breadline) but those tunes are hardly worthy of the Megadeth moniker, two different animals really. FTR, I always thought Megadeth sucked on stage. Even when they were ure thrash, they just stood there. I saw them on the last tour, and it was even worse.

yeah everything about that albums good black friday is my fav track Mustaine just spits venom on every track. The later releases sound like someone doing a day job because thats all he knows how to do. I did like cryptic writings some good thrash moments on that album.

My first concert was also Megadeth, with Korn, F & J, and Fear Factory in Aug 95. It was only $14!! Those were the days. Now you have to pay $68 for Metallica and one other band (no joke, that's what they charged last time they were here, which is why I didn't go). They didn't move around much during that show either. Was that the Youthanasia tour? I think it was. Anyways, I think Megadeth's problem has always been lineup changes. Like, right when they finally are in a groove with each other and everything, they lose everyone who isn't named Dave. I haven't listened to Peace Sells in a while, but Rust in Peace has always been my fave Megadeth album.

Thanks for the link. About time 'Deth put out a live album. I'm pumped. And I'm glad Mustaine has changed his ways and acknowledges the fact that he fucked up and let a lot of people down. Back to the heavy.

As for Peace Sells...great album. I remember buying the tape at the same time I bought I'm the Man. Of course, I've always liked I'm the Man better. That shit is just funny as hell. But the Conjuring, Devil's Island and Wake Up Dead have been some of the best stuff that 'Deth has written.

that would be yesterday when i went for my golf physical, listening to PSBWB in the waiting room. i also had venom-prime evil.

my favorites are devils island, good mourning/black friday, and my last words.

and i aint superstitious is funny!!

anyone else buy the remaster KIMB yet?

I thought TWNAH was a pretty good album. Of course, an emergency broadcast signal could have been better than "Risk."

As far as 'Deth not moving around much on stage, you have a point. But when you're standing at the very back of an overcrowded Anaheim House of Blues (a SHITTY place to watch a concert I might add) you end up doing more listening than watching. I thought they sounded pretty damn good.

Rust In Peace is killer. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due is my favorite 'Deth song of them all, and not just due to recent events.

Coop

I just bought it wednesday. Not as good as KIMBABIG, but still good nonetheless. SFSGSW is another good album. Can't get into RIP that much. The lost me after the other albums. The World Needs a Hero is a step in the right direction, but not close. They need to go back to the chugga chugga riffs. :)

Originally posted by bRaTpRiNcEsS
My first concert was also Megadeth, with Korn, F & J, and Fear Factory in Aug 95. It was only $14!! Those were the days. Now you have to pay $68 for Metallica and one other band (no joke, that's what they charged last time they were here, which is why I didn't go). They didn't move around much during that show either. Was that the Youthanasia tour? I think it was. Anyways, I think Megadeth's problem has always been lineup changes. Like, right when they finally are in a groove with each other and everything, they lose everyone who isn't named Dave. I haven't listened to Peace Sells in a while, but Rust in Peace has always been my fave Megadeth album.

Bratprincess isn't alone here, many people in this thread have said the lineup changes are a problem. It seems like you mean this in all areas, musically as well as live. I can't say that I agree. They change lineups on every album up until Rust in piece then they kept the same dudes for 3 albums. Most posts here are saying the better albums are from the days where they WERE changing lineup every album. So how does this make sense?? Let's be realistic here.....Dave Mustaine is Megadeth, none of those other folks have mattered much. All those albums in the beginning were awesome and it was a totally different band with Dave the only constant. Elleson was there too but he didn't write the songs, Mustaine did. As for the live bit, I saw them only once on the CW tour so I can't be the best judge there. My favorite 'deth albums in order:

Rust in Peace (OH SHIT!)
Countdown
Youthanasia
Peace Sells
So Far so Good
The World needs a hero
Cryptic Writings
Killing is my business
Risk (here I kept hoping to wake up...)

True enough, but I can't say I like the "new guys" (cause I know they've been in a while but I could care less exactly how long) more than any other combo they've had. I honestly stopped paying attention after Risk. I can't even tell you who played on it (think it was the new guys), I threw that on the shelf and haven't touched almost since I bought it. "Dave Mustaine IS Megadeth" is always what my problem has been with Megadeth. It feels like the other ones are just there to collect a paycheck and do his bidding. I like bands that actually make you think they like each other and care about what they're playing for you. I have very mixed feelings when it comes to Megadeth, especially because of what they've been putting out the last few years. Maybe I just don't like change either. I saw them on the Youthanasia tour, and I've also seen live clips and it just seems...boring, I guess, is the word I'm looking for. At the time I didn't care because I was there, I got in the door and up to that point it was the best day of my life. I was just happy to be there. I was also busy being horrified at the legs being cracked in half in the pit and no one seeming to care. So, you're right about them keeping the same guys and all, but I don't know, I just don't think that whole camp is being what it really could be, AMAZING.

Peace Sells is awesome. Last time I listened to it was a couple months ago. My best Megadeth list is:

Rust in Peace
So Far So Good So What
Peace Sells
Countdown to Extinction
Hidden Treasures
Youthanasia
World Needs Another Hero
Cryptic Writings
Killing is My Business (though I need to listen to the remaster to see if I like it now)

Risk isn't Megadeth, oh sure, they played on it, but it just pains me too much to associate Risk with Megadeth, so I choose to ignore that fact, he he.

I have to say Peace........ is Fuckin awsome. It was the first album I Heard from them, and Have been a fan ever since. I have bashed Megadeth in other Thread's and I really do think they sold out after Coutdown, or even beginning with, but I still am a fan. Dave is Megadeth, and Maybe the music has suffered with all the line-up changes. But to me it has always been Megadeth(even Risk) In its own world That was a good Album.

The re-mastered/remixed version of KIMBABIG is absoluetely amazing. The drums......well first off you can actually hear them, and shit, Gar is a helluvalot better than I had initially ever given him credit for. The guitars are cleaner, the bass isn't muddying up the sound and dave's voice is way more clearer.
In retrospect to all of the Bay area Thrashers. This album, I think, that if it was originally put out this way, they would have totally been on par if not better than Metallica and Kill 'em all ...with exception of these boots, totally f**king hilarious.

Originally posted by bRaTpRiNcEsS
True enough, but I can't say I like the "new guys" (cause I know they've been in a while but I could care less exactly how long) more than any other combo they've had. I honestly stopped paying attention after Risk. I can't even tell you who played on it (think it was the new guys), I threw that on the shelf and haven't touched almost since I bought it. "Dave Mustaine IS Megadeth" is always what my problem has been with Megadeth. It feels like the other ones are just there to collect a paycheck and do his bidding. I like bands that actually make you think they like each other and care about what they're playing for you. I have very mixed feelings when it comes to Megadeth, especially because of what they've been putting out the last few years. Maybe I just don't like change either. I saw them on the Youthanasia tour, and I've also seen live clips and it just seems...boring, I guess, is the word I'm looking for. At the time I didn't care because I was there, I got in the door and up to that point it was the best day of my life. I was just happy to be there. I was also busy being horrified at the legs being cracked in half in the pit and no one seeming to care. So, you're right about them keeping the same guys and all, but I don't know, I just don't think that whole camp is being what it really could be, AMAZING.

Interesting reading your thoughts. I agree that it is really cool when it seems like a band is really together and have each others backs, etc. It's cool to be at a show and feel like the band are like brothers and they are including you in their little family for the night. In magazine interviews the guys all have a lot to say and each is important. Metallica in the old days is a good example. I saw them in 93, (not the OLD old days, but old days nonetheless) and I got this feeling. They were at the pinnacle of their career as far as success, it was just their concert and there were 30,000 people there at the Florida State Fairgrounds, I could barely see the stage but it was my first show and the way James talked to everyone including the other band members on stage.....was just a euphoric experience for a 14 year old.:) Though I still love a good concert lately I am more into music just for the music alone, enjoying the cd's. Also, I have widened my musical tastes considerably since then. I like a lot of solo rockers like Devin Townsend and Dan Swano, so the live band aspect is hardly even an issue in those cases. I was thinking this way when I made my last post, maybe I should have considered some of the points you mentioned as well.....with Megadeth they are both pretty relevant. Once I established to myself that they are a one man show, I look at them that way. To me they may as well be called "Dave Mustaine" and I have tended to judge them the same way I would judge a solo artist like Dan Swano or Devin Townsend. Though I'm no expert on concerts, I did have a good time at the only 'deth concert I went to, all I remember about it of course is what Dave was doing on stage and how he did this and that. ;)

I have to say that my fave MEgadeTH album is YOUTHANASIA.
It was the firs one I ever bought.
We had a t.v. show called 30 MINUTES OF ROCK ( it was a 2 hour show, go figure) and they played TRAIN OF CONSEQUENCES.....
FUCKING AWESOME!

Anyhoo....fave albums are.....

YOUTHANASIA
COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION
PEACE SELLS.....
THE WORLD NEEDS A HERO
HIDDEN TREASURES
RISK WAS A GOOD ALBUM...JUST NOT A GOOD MEgadeTH ALBUM