What was the first cd you ever bought

my first cd was anthrax - sound of white noise..........held off gettnig a cd for aaaaaaaages cos everything i had was on tape and i remember thinking " fuck off i am replacing all my tapes with cd's"

but i went into town to buy sown....... and the cd was limited edition, the tape was a bog standard tape.......... so i got the cd and had to wait forever to hear it :)........but the cd collection had begun...and little did i know it, but the tape to cd transfer had begun too........ booooooooooooo

these days i say " fuck off i am ripping all my cd's onto my pc"

but thats nearly done too ;) harumph

I even remember the date...september 21st 1991.
First spring day here in Argentina and I got the cd player and 5 cd´s.
Appetite for destruction
Use your illusion 1 n 2
love gun
girls girls girls.

Well I was a glamster back in those days...
Now I´m a man,,,,
ja ja ja ja ja ja

haha, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, He's the DJ, I'm the rapper was my first, then a Beach Boys Collection, Wilson Phillips is there too, ah, But then I Bought State of Euphoria, and everything changed... well, Not Really, I still love My B-52's, Love Shack Baby, real Hardcore! :)

hmm,probably aerosmith night in the ruts or maybe judas priest screaming for vengeance,they were only 7 bucks at the time and i bought them before i had a cd player,i did have a pretty wicked tape collection though.

first tape i bought would probably be the cockroaches(now the wiggles) and maybe inxs kick after that.

The first two I bought were Aerosmith- Greatest Hits and Van Halen- Women and Children First. Who else remembers the long cardboard boxes they used to sell them in?

powerwolve said:
The First CD I Had was some german stuff
Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung - Geld oder Liebe

Geld oder Leben - Cooool!
My first tape: Simon & Garfunkel Greatest Hits
My first vinyl album: ... and justice for all - Metallica
My first CD: The Bangles Greatest Hits

First 6 albums I bought were at Tower Records in Manhattan, back in 1984.

Anthrax - Fistful of Metal
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Slayer - Show No Mercy
Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry
Quiet Riot - Metal Health
Motley Crue - Shout of the Devil

The first record I ever bought was in 1982- Judas Priest: Screaming For Vengance

First CD was around 1994- Black Sabbath Tribute NIB vol. 1

I think the first album I bought with my own cash was Zeppelin II or was it IV? :D - I was a lucky kid I used to get vinyl for B-Days and X-MAS , AC\DC, Zeppelin, KISS and Ted Nugent to name a few.

Riehlthing said:
We're talking cds here DD...not records...

Oh. I thought it was albums too. My first CD wasnt that momumental to me, so I dont remember it too well, but I think some of the first CDs I got were Led Zep 2 or 4, or maybe Rubber Soul, The White Album or Sgt. Pepper's. I didnt start buying them exclusivly until bands started throwing extra CD-only tracks on them. I remember Fabulous Disaster had like 2 extra tracks when it first came out.

the day i bought my cd player i bought three cd's. i must of spent a lot of money that day cause cd players were expensive

and justice for all
among the living
back in black

if you remeber the LP would usually come out. then the cd would sometimes be like a week later (but it might have a bounus track). also remember when they went from them long cardboard sleves to the long plastic ones with the cd cover on the top part and the disc on the bottom. those used to suck to open. then i would walk 3 miles uphill in the snowstorm to the record store blah blah blah. go away kid you bother me .....

"also remember when they went from them long cardboard sleves to the long plastic ones with the cd cover on the top part and the disc on the bottom."

Polygram / Mercury and some indie labels were the only ones to use those plastic things. Everyone else stayed with the cardboard longboxes until they were nixed.

Sony just started issuing big name releases in longboxes a couple years ago (Springsteen, Prince, etc.). Kinda pointless, but I guess they do it for collectors.

First CD i purchased myself was Chaos AD by Sepultura. I had been buying albums (vinyl, Cassette) for years but didn't have a cd player in my room. The first albums i can remember buying was:
Jon Bon Jovi: Blaze of Glory Soundtrack (how proud i am)
GNR: Use you Illusion II
Some Ice T record
Biohazard: Urban Dicipline