O/T: Worst album you ever bought

probably evil empire by ratm,even more so because i had such high expectations after there first album rocked so hard,it was just noise,gone were the cool rock riffs,and dutchy impact was indeed a shocker of an album,although i didnt buy it.

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
The worst album I ever bought was a band called Exorcist I forgot the name of the L.P.It was so bad.Even the cover was lame. :yuk: I later found out that the band broke up half way through the recording,and the producer finished off the L.P.I'll do some research on this now. It might bring back some bad memories. :ill:

I have the Exorcist album too and think at least some songs on it are pretty cool.

My worst purchase ever was "Obscuritatem advoco amplectére me" (if I remember it right) by Abruptum. I bought it because the cover and the photos of the musicians promised ripping Black Metal (it was 1993 and I was heavily into it) but it turned out to be 50 minutes of pure noise with some screaming. Later I read that it was recorded in total darkness with no lights in the studio and that the guys burned themselves with boiling water to get the screams right....

I don't recall any albums that really blew giant dick, but I recall buying one that I just never got into... Andromeda's 11=1. I dunno. Just a boring album. *Yawn*

When "St. Anger" came out, I really wasn't into it, but I started listening to it again, and now I'm diggin' it.

OK, it was either Pat Boone- In A Metal Mood, or the one by that kid "Corky" from the TV show Life Goes On. Actually, I kinda wish I still had both of them, I've been kinda depressed lately and I KNOW they would make me laugh until I passed out!

dutchy said:
my fav is Fabulous Disaster, songs like Toxic Waltz and Open Season are thrash DIAMONDS!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

Correct!!! I think Fabulous Disaster gets overlooked too often though it can easily keep up with Bonded By Blood.

dutchy said:
my fav is Fabulous Disaster, songs like Toxic Waltz and Open Season are thrash DIAMONDS!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

Impact is actually my favourite Exodus album, I don't really know why. I think it's because I'd heard everything else by Exodus ages before and couldn't find III and then when I heard it it was actually pretty Exodus-ish (surprise surprise!). From what I can gather, people don't like it because it's too groovey and not very thrashy which is fair enough.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Impact is actually my favourite Exodus album, I don't really know why. I think it's because I'd heard everything else by Exodus ages before and couldn't find III and then when I heard it it was actually pretty Exodus-ish (surprise surprise!). From what I can gather, people don't like it because it's too groovey and not very thrashy which is fair enough.

I love fabulous disaster. its prob my fav although i love bonded by blood in the car. You cant beat racing along with Baloff screaming in your ears!!! Ive only heard a couple of songs off of impact. Looking forward to hearing it all. Ive looked everywhere for it. canny find it

Schurl said:
I have the Exorcist album too and think at least some songs on it are pretty cool.

My worst purchase ever was "Obscuritatem advoco amplectére me" (if I remember it right) by Abruptum. I bought it because the cover and the photos of the musicians promised ripping Black Metal (it was 1993 and I was heavily into it) but it turned out to be 50 minutes of pure noise with some screaming. Later I read that it was recorded in total darkness with no lights in the studio and that the guys burned themselves with boiling water to get the screams right....

:tickled: Oh man I gotta hear that it sounds hilarious!!

About Exorcist L.P I could'nt handle it man you got better ears than me!! :kickass: Cheers!!!

to answer the thread apart from the obvious pop cd's i bought when i was a kid which is far to embarrassing to mention the worst cd i ever had was a Limp Bizkit one. Fucking disgusting it was. I also had some korn cd's which were dully smashed up and chucked onto one of my BBQ's. Fuckin WEH!

the_walking_dude said:
I love fabulous disaster. its prob my fav although i love bonded by blood in the car. You cant beat racing along with Baloff screaming in your ears!!! Ive only heard a couple of songs off of impact. Looking forward to hearing it all. Ive looked everywhere for it. canny find it

Did I not give Calum a copy?

Let me add Sleep's "Jerusalem" to my list... one song, nearly an hour long, of atonal guitars and out-of-tune vocals which is a love sonnet to marijuana. Obviously this record shows what happens when you drink the bong water.

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
:tickled: Oh man I gotta hear that it sounds hilarious!!

About Exorcist L.P I could'nt handle it man you got better ears than me!! :kickass: Cheers!!!

Thanks, man. I´ll have to look for the Abruptum CD - if I still have it, it´s yours.

DiscipleOfThePit said:

it's long and boring ,that's what it is, pure crap and a waste of vinyl!!