I bought the nu In Flames album today

They were playing this last night at the Machine Head show last night before they came on stage.

While it wasn't necessarily painful to listen to, i just didn't get into it. Pretty forgetable.

In Flames have always been the second-gayest band in the metal scene after Opeth......it seems that with this new album they're clawing for that No.1 spot.......

Have they been sponsored by a clothing brand yet?

Funeral Portrait said:
Help me out Chopstick. I'm confused as to what makes Opeth gay?
If you can't see what's gay about Opeth then I think it's your sexuality you're confused about......
As I've said before, it's pretentious art-fag pop metal. It's what Celine Dion would be if she was a metal band. If Elton John was being interviewed and was asked "Do you like any heavy metal bands?" he'd say "No, I don't like heavy metal at all.....but I do like Opeth......" Their music is boring, watered-down, trying-too-hard-to-be-artistic wankery. It's barely even metal, it's more like emo goth rock. But, I guess that fits in with their retarded fanboys who just got into metal last week and go on and on about them like they're the originators of minor keys.... "Opeth are so beautiful man, they're AMAZING.....they inspire me to light some candles and write poetry.....they make me feel melancholic like Live do......."
"Amazing".....they all say "amazing" :rolleyes:.......emo fags use that word to desribe bands like #12LLY and Daughters. 'Nuff said.

Still confused?

Darkness Eternal said:
Opeth bashing seems to be a new hobby of a lot of people...
That's because anyone can do it. It's so easy to make fun of a band that's so incredibly gay and has such flamboyantly gay fans.

For the record though: It's not a new hobby. I've been bagging them ever since I first heard them about 5 years ago. Amazingly, they've become even more queer since then......

Chopstick up the Peehole said:
That's because anyone can do it. It's so easy to make fun of a band that's so incredibly gay and has such flamboyantly gay fans.

For the record though: It's not a new hobby. I've been bagging them ever since I first heard them about 5 years ago. Amazingly, they've become even more queer since then......
That might be stretching it a little, but I do agree that Opeth are incredibly over rated.

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
Awesome. I don't wear nail polish or glasses though. heh

I reckon if you shoved your head up your ass, you'd be just like Chopstick :Spin:

Or maybe if you started using the word "fag" as many times as possible in each post.

I dont like much about inflames nowadays. Love their old shit. I can see why people would hate Opeth but I dont. Its boring, but I admire the craft (I hate some of the ignorant fans Ive come across, I wish opeth fans werent A-holes). Do you all hate Dark Tranquillity too? I was just wondering 'cos Gothemburg bands seem to be getting it in the ass on this board.

I cant believe you thought In Flames would actually go "back to their roots" after making Reroute To Remain. Im not a huge In Flames fan, i do like their earlier material (lunar strain, subterranean, jester race, whoracle) but not hugely anymore. I dont think they've sold out at all, personally i hate their new material but if its the way they want to play then good for them, they deserve the success they get.

And personally i love Opeth and i can safely say im not gay either. If you wish to bash them, call the fans gay etc... then go ahead, doesnt really bother me.

Chopstick up the Peehole said:
If you can't see what's gay about Opeth then I think it's your sexuality you're confused about......
As I've said before, it's pretentious art-fag pop metal. It's what Celine Dion would be if she was a metal band. If Elton John was being interviewed and was asked "Do you like any heavy metal bands?" he'd say "No, I don't like heavy metal at all.....but I do like Opeth......" Their music is boring, watered-down, trying-too-hard-to-be-artistic wankery. It's barely even metal, it's more like emo goth rock. But, I guess that fits in with their retarded fanboys who just got into metal last week and go on and on about them like they're the originators of minor keys.... "Opeth are so beautiful man, they're AMAZING.....they inspire me to light some candles and write poetry.....they make me feel melancholic like Live do......."
"Amazing".....they all say "amazing" :rolleyes:.......emo fags use that word to desribe bands like #12LLY and Daughters. 'Nuff said.

Still confused?

hahahahahahahaha, pure genius. do it again.

Why does every thread turn into an Opeth bashing thread? If you don't like them, don't listen to them. Simple as that. My experience has been that most people who call Opeth "gay" have a taste in music that pretty much encompasses a monotonous grind fest. Not saying it's true of our friend chopstick, but he did say it's "barely even metal" which is something I don't really think about when listening to a band. If I like it, it doesn't matter what genre it's in.

Devy_Metal said:
That might be stretching it a little, but I do agree that Opeth are incredibly over rated.

You're named after one of the most overrated artists I've ever heard. Your opinion doesn't count.