Worst album you ever bought thinking it was good

Originally posted by thrashmetal78
The biggest mistake I've ever made in buying an album BY FAR was Manowar's newest one; it's so bad I don't even remember the name of it, and I see the cd case on my entertainment center, but I'm just too damn pissed off at it to even get up and look.

WHY DOES THERE CONTINUE TO BE GAY METAL LIKE THIS? MANOWAR ARE GAY AS LIBERACE!!!

I swear, if I have to hear one more song like, "WE AHHH THE WAAHRIAAHS OF METUHL!!!!" one more time I'm going to go to the top of a bell tower and start shooting.

Manowar are a bunch of live-action role-playing homos who get dressed up in their homemade chain mail and play "let's be gay and act like medieval knights in the 21st century". Give me a fucking break. The music wasn't impressive AT ALL. The solos were a bunch of crappy scales played a million miles an hour, nothing memorable. Everyone says how "true" Manowar is, and how awesome they are. If Manowar is true, I'll be false as fuck. I'll take my Emperor, Hypocrisy, Arch Enemy, The Gathering, Opeth, Megadeth, Metallica, and Soilwork and go the fuck home.

It still pisses me off to know that I actually spent money on crap like this. At least if I just gave it away, it would go to someone who probably needed it. These guys are just gonna buy more chain mail with the money I paid for it.

You are not Tr00 Metal.

;)

Beautiful post, that one... :headbang:

TwinkOwaR = :puke:

Originally posted by union9
Scum was such a blow to the whole scene when that came out. There was NOTHING like it. You must keep that in mind. Granted, to todays ears it is a very rough and dirty listen but when you get down to it, the songs themselves still stand up very well to todays climate. Think if they were re-recorded.

i agree that it would have been a cooler album if it had better drumming and recording. The prob w/ the drumming is it just sounds like the dude is continuosly slamming the drums completely out of rythem w/ everything else.

Also, before i listened to some samples from "enemy of the music business" before i bought it and thought it was good, but evryone suggested scum. So i may listen to some of their later songs and see if its better.

Also, two other good grind bands are dillinger escape plan and cephalic carnage, even though dep is kinda boring

Originally posted by iamtheemperor
i agree that it would have been a cooler album if it had better drumming and recording. The prob w/ the drumming is it just sounds like the dude is continuosly slamming the drums completely out of rythem w/ everything else.

Also, before i listened to some samples from "enemy of the music business" before i bought it and thought it was good, but evryone suggested scum. So i may listen to some of their later songs and see if its better.

Also, two other good grind bands are dillinger escape plan and cephalic carnage, even though dep is kinda boring

Dillinger Escape Plan boring? Fuck man. What the fuck does it take to get YOU excited? haha. Cephalic are still one my fav new school grinders. If you like them suss out a band called The Red Chord dude. They will fucking melt you.
And I really hope the new'er Napalm "excites" your senses as they really do fucking rule. I really hate Naplam getting dissed when they don't deserve it.

Antestor- I forget the name of it but it was shit. The fact that they are christians doesn't bother me, the fact that they play christian black metal does....

Nokturnal Mortum- Goat Horns

Wimperor- Prometheous

Firebird- s/t (Bill cannot sing, please make him stop)

Ancient- any of them, and for some reason I own a lot of them

Blackstar (Rising)- Barb Wire Soul (or whatever that garbage was. Sounded like White Zombie doing a Thin Lizzy tribute, only gayer)

MD.45- ? (oh man!)

Metallica- Load (I didn't even like Metallica. Why the hell did I buy this?)

Anacrusis- Screams and Whispers

Panterrible- Cowboys From Hell

Dismal Euphony- ?

Mactatus- ?

Earth Crisis- I can't remember the name, but is was very bad shit

Slipknot- I didn't even like any of the songs I heard, and yet I still bought this. I must have been doing too many drugs that day.

Fiona Apple- her first CD

I used to like Sevendust, when their first album came out. The second was no good. Or the third.

Pearl Jam's past two attempts. Get pissed about something, dammit!!!

:mad:

Alice in chains - Alice in chains. that album had spoiled anything i liked in that band... it was so aweful!! so boring! and i was thier no. 1 fan round here! they were everything for me (and then came that ugly album)

Originally posted by Folklore
Alice in chains - Alice in chains. that album had spoiled anything i liked in that band... it was so aweful!! so boring! and i was thier no. 1 fan round here! they were everything for me (and then came that ugly album)

I've heard alot of people say this about that album. I thought it was great. It had a really dark element to it. Not as good as Dirt but still a great album.

Overkill - necroshine
Queensryche - operation : mindcrime
Soilwork - natural born chaos
dream theater - images and words

These (queensryche and dt) cd's might be good to ppl who like the genre but it just really isn't to my tastes.
Too soft, boring and wanky for my tastes but i'm sure some ppl like it.
As far as overkill goes...i tried to like it but didn't, don't really like the guys voice and the music was nothing special imo.
Natural born chaos was poor. They seemed to be trying too hard to be catchy and it just turned into a cd of forgetable chorus and crappy sounding keyboards.

Originally posted by PaganBlood
Bolt Thrower - Honour, Valour, Pride
Cannibal Corpse - Gore Obsessed

I have every album of both these bands! and to tell u the truth i listened to these albums like twice each and thought they were fucking shocking!!!!

Are you serious?? :eek:

Both these albums rule.

All my fucking awful nu-metal albums from my dark days. To earlier comments, yeah i agree mdb - 34.788% complete is fucking awful, it's nothing like any of their other stuff and in my view it's soft and radio friendly