What was the first ever metal album you ever bought?

At first, the only style of metal I liked was industrial metal. Some of the first industrial metal cds I got were November 17 - Trust No One and Ministry - Psalm 69.

Outside of industrial metal, the first metal album I bought was My Dying Bride - The Angel and the Dark River which is still to this day one of my favorite albums.

Hmm.. Dunno whether you'd consider Slipknot metal. They were the first metal(ish) band I was exposed to, and while I never got an album of theirs, I did download 4-5 tracks from each of their albums.

The first metal album I obtained was Slayer's Seasons in the Abyss. War Ensemble holds a special place in my heart, partly from the "OMGWTF, this is the shit" reaction I had to the intro riff.

At first, the only style of metal I liked was industrial metal. Some of the first industrial metal cds I got were November 17 - Trust No One and Ministry - Psalm 69.

Outside of industrial metal, the first metal album I bought was My Dying Bride - The Angel and the Dark River which is still to this day one of my favorite albums.

You could say industrial metal was my first as well. Rammstein and later Kovenant were my biggest passions a couple years ago.

The first i ever bought was System of a down - Self titled, but the band that got me into metal is funeral for a friend.

Yea you can all laugh.

You could say industrial metal was my first as well. Rammstein and later Kovenant were my biggest passions a couple years ago.

Man, I used to love Rammstein about five or six years ago. When Mutter came out, the dude two houses down from me was working for the company that distributed them here, and he was giving out copies on Halloween. I already owned Sehnsucht at the time, but Mutter is what made me really, really like them.

Sepultura - Beneath the remains
Slayer - South of heaven
Suicidal Tendencies - Controlled by hatred

Hhmm...all start with an S!

Man, I used to love Rammstein about five or six years ago. When Mutter came out, the dude two houses down from me was working for the company that distributed them here, and he was giving out copies on Halloween. I already owned Sehnsucht at the time, but Mutter is what made me really, really like them.

Rammstein was actually the band that got me into metal. During my freshman year of college, this goth dude who lived in my dorm had his music collection shared on the LAN workgroup. I stumbled across Rammstein, and was like, "Holy fuck, this kicks ass!"

At the time, I'd just assumed that all contemporary rock music was the pop punk shit that was constantly on the radio, and which everyone else around me was obsessed with. Rammstein blew open the doors to a whole new world for me. :)

Yeah, I really miss that band and Mike Muirs "antisingingstyle".
And I want more bands with that sence of humour, please!