Worst album you ever bought thinking it was good

OH DUDE!!.. just a few weeks ago i got the YAKUZA album... Jazz metal?? sounded like a good idea, but when i actually heard the album, it sounded like crap. Only noise.... What's wrong with most of american metal bands???

YAKUZA SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!

Originally posted by CONCLAVE OBSCURUM
OH DUDE!!.. just a few weeks ago i got the YAKUZA album... Jazz metal?? sounded like a good idea, but when i actually heard the album, it sounded like crap. Only noise.... What's wrong with most of american metal bands???

YAKUZA SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!

Only noise?

I'll definitly chek it out now.

Angel Rot - Unlistenable Hymns of Indulgent Damnage. I saw it in a store for fairly cheap, and it looked very necro so I took a chance. It ended up sounding like a bad Helmet-meets-White Zombie rip off or something. This is why I don't judge a book by its cover anymore.

Originally posted by Death'N'Roll
Disbelief - Worst enemy...

Jaggers clean voice is horrible in my opinion and the music is simply not as good as it should be when you get 9,5 out of 10 points in a magazine
Well, that's just a matter of taste. Apparently the guy who did the review thought it was worth 9,5 out of 10. Lots of times I don't agree with the reviewer either, but everybody's got different taste as I always says. I also think the black metal reviewer in the danish magazine Metalized is pretty generous with the grades. Of course some records gets crap grades, but all the big bands usually gets 8-10. If he thinks a record is worth a 10 he should of course give it 10, but for instance his review for "Panzer divison Marduk" doesn't really say that it's superb or anything. He says that Morgan had said it would be more brutal and it was much more brutal than he had expected (the reviewer) and it's cool for every war metal fan and stuff like that. He didn't say anything like "Goddamn, this is a superb album", "One of the best records I've heard" or anything like that.
It's of course different from person to person. If a guy I know worked for a music magazine he would probably give 10 at LEAST once in every mag, as he just says "superb" to anything that is alright or better, no matter if it's cool, but gets tiresome after 20 listens or it's one of the best records/songs he's ever heard! Me personally say what I mean. If a record is superb I'll give it a 10. If I don't think it's superb I'll of course not give it a ten, 'cause why should I?
Hhhmmmm, this turned into something else I guess...:lol:

Originally posted by Stoner Rock Chick
Accidentally I bought used...oh shit I am ashamed to say it.....Mushroomhead...thinking it was from Leafhound - Growers of the Mushrooms. Now it is being shipped off for free to someone else. That nu-metal stuff MUST DIE.

Yep, I hate nu-metal.

Fuck yeah. I've got one of their song's on a free Roadrunner compilation cd I got handed to me at a gig. Of all the gay bands on the cd, Mushroom Head took the cake.

They suck.

Winds - Reflections of the I (I think that's what it's called): Not really a bad album, I was just expecting more in the vein of the EP and was disappointed, a good album on it's own although Si's voice annoys me sometimes.

Peter Murphy - Deep: As a die-hard Bauhaus fan, I have to ask, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT THAT BLEEDS MY EARS TO DEATH???

Any King Diamond after The Eye: Ditto, although Voodoo was (I guess) a reasonable album.

I'm probably gonna be strung up for this, but I regretted buying Morbid Angel - Gateways To Annihilation. I just thought it didn't really match up at all to Covenant, the last album I'd heard by them. I do still listen to it occasionally, but I'd much rather hear a track like 'Where The Slime Lives' rather than 'Summoning Redemption'.

Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
I really should like this one, but for whatever reason I really don't. Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is awesome, this one just sounds like Cradle of Filth (one of them is enough). I even took the time to find the limited edition version! No more Dimmu for me.

Life of Agony - Ugly
After such an awesome first album (River Runs Red), this pop-fueled disaster made me ill.

Bal-sagoth - the Power Cosmic
If anyone ever played old Telenet videogames on the TurboGrafx, they would understand why this disc is just pure cheese to me.

Originally posted by dill_the_devil
I'm probably gonna be strung up for this, but I regretted buying Morbid Angel - Gateways To Annihilation. I just thought it didn't really match up at all to Covenant, the last album I'd heard by them. I do still listen to it occasionally, but I'd much rather hear a track like 'Where The Slime Lives' rather than 'Summoning Redemption'.
I thought Gateways was pretty good, but far from their best.

I'm really anal with what I buy,but sometimes crap slips into my collection.

Lamb Of God/New American Gospel (brutal for the sake of being brutal just plain sucks)

Watchtower/Control And Resistance (actually I dont think it sucks,but its nowhere as godly as people seem to claim it to be)

Dream Theater/Falling Into Infinity (How the mighty have,or rather,had fallen.Completely boring...they redeemed themselves with Metropolis PT2: Scenes From A Memory,but went back to crap with the second disc of Six Degrees)

Kamelot/Siege Perilous (Two words: Audio Nyquil)