CDs you want to own first pressing of...

How do you find out exactly whether an album you're buying is an original pressing or not? I'm also curious to know is "first pressing" synonymous with "original pressing", or does "first pressing" literally mean the first ever copy of that CD? Don't mean to sound like a noob, but I'm kinda lost here.

All the Judas Priest albums that were 'remastered' (by that I mean slaughtered), the sound quality is just awful and the originals are so much better. Having to hunt around on ebay and the like since all the major cd shops only stock the re-issues.

I have only heard the re-masters so I didn't know that. Shit.

I've bought nearly all of the remasters. Anyway the 4 live albums I'm missing haven't been remastered (except priest live..) so whatever. I'm including the new one in that.

How do you find out exactly whether an album you're buying is an original pressing or not? I'm also curious to know is "first pressing" synonymous with "original pressing", or does "first pressing" literally mean the first ever copy of that CD? Don't mean to sound like a noob, but I'm kinda lost here.

Not the first copy of the CD ever made :lol: that is literally impossible to have knowledge of unless it's hand numbered (which I do actually have some of, but they're newer like the Intestine Baalism digipack for their new one etc.).

Not the first copy of the CD ever made :lol: that is literally impossible to have knowledge of unless it's hand numbered (which I do actually have some of, but they're newer like the Intestine Baalism digipack for their new one etc.).

Yeah, I kinda figured it wasn't literally the first copy. So do you guys mean the first wave of releases ever made then?

I definitely prefer originals over reissues, and would probably want a first pressing of every album I like. Generally though, I stick to buying originals of certain bands or albums that are favourites of mine.

I generally dislike reissues because of loud "remastered" audio, random bonus tracks, and many changes to the album's artwork and presentation etc.