Celestion Vintage 30 made in England / made in China

Urgul

Jun 6, 2007
Poland
www.soundclick.com
Is there any difference in sound beetween Celestion Vintage 30 made in England and made in China?? I've heard that speakers which have been made in Egland sounds better than these Chineese ones. Is it true? Have you tested cabs side by side loaded with these two "types" of speakers (for example mesa built before 2005 with English v30 and biult past 2005 built with Chineese)?

From what I found (I only researched this about 2 months ago), the Mesa V30's are still Made in England. I am pretty sure I read a representative of Celestion saying that in an interview.

The Chinese made V30's (at least the cones from memory) are still made on the original machines that were shipped to China from England.

I've heard alot of different story's on it. One says there's no difference, one says the toooooooottaallyyy suck compared to english ones. So i would have to say A/B it yourself.

From what I found (I only researched this about 2 months ago), the Mesa V30's are still Made in England. I am pretty sure I read a representative of Celestion saying that in an interview.

The Chinese made V30's (at least the cones from memory) are still made on the original machines that were shipped to China from England.

Yep, Mesa cabs are loaded with V30's made in the UK, not china. And according to Mesa, the Mesa V30's are still custom made to their specs.

also... from the Doctor at Celestion:

"The classic speakers like the Vintage 30 and G12-75 were transferred in
2002. Many of our other speakers like the Seventy 80 were transferred a few
years before that.

regards
The Doctor"

checking serial numbers on marshall's: first 2 digits is the year.

On my Marshall 1960A - #978759910 -> 1997 (UK celestions)

A bit OT, but I have Greenbacks that sound different. One I purchased over 20 years back and the other came in my Cobra Cab. The Cobra Cab Greenback does not have Made in England in raised lettering on the plastic magnet cover.

Here's a clip showing the difference.

Greenback Comparison