“Celestion G12 70W Vintage” vs. Vintage 30

Airborne

6 & 7 string guitars
Jul 2, 2009
Europe
What’s the difference?

I noticed on the Sweetwater website that they use “Celestion G12 70W Vintage Speakers” for the Marshall 1960v cabs.
Do they sound like Vintage 30’s or not?
BTW what are the main differences between those speakers? (Sound wise).

What’s the difference?

I noticed on the Sweetwater website that they use “Celestion G12 70W Vintage Speakers” for the Marshall 1960v cabs.
Do they sound like Vintage 30’s or not?
BTW what are the main differences between those speakers? (Sound wise).

Like D.Vial said..the G12 has more of a scooped mid sound. I own both, and they're slapped in a Mesa Boogie oversized 4x12 (one G12 and one V30 on top, and same on bottom). And the 2 combined together sound great IMO. The G12 to me by itself is, to me, kinda brittle sounding... while the V30 sounds very modern sounding (not vintage sounding at all!! lol) But both are good depending on what sound your after. Some people hate V30's some love them..just matter of preference. Also, alot of the tone has to do with how the cab itself acoustically sounds (open, non open, dimension of the cab, wood used and how thick, etc, etc.) So theres lots of factors to deal with in the long run.

Hope I shared some insight on my opinion. Take care. :headbang:

Thanks for the input guys!
I thought that these two speaker types might sound the same because of the “vintage” label.