'Character' in our Best Albums of 2005

King Chaos said:
Immense. Character has hardly made it into any lists for some reason. It's fact that DT are a brilliant band. Why soooo underated generally :( ?

It was released in the beginning of the year, and people have short memory. Also - promotion issues: you've got to push the record all the time to be recognizable for a long period of time. And dt got just regular promotion, i think :(

Example: can you recall any movies released in the beginning of a calendar year, which were nominated for that year's Oscars (ceremony is held every next spring - spring 2006 for movies of 2005))? Passion of the Christ could be nominated, but...

Doens't matter now, and, anyway, Character is the best metal record in 2005.

Period.

Nah... Godless Endeavor and Annhilation of the wicked were better...

But there's industrial reasons why oscar films happen at the end of the year. Because an oscar nomination is the best marketing you get. The oscars are pure marketing tool anyway. The middlebrow "Thinks it's art" crap that Hollywood puts out at the end of november that for some reason plays through tripple the duration of your average release is evidence of the ploy. And for examples, look at just about any movie that's won oscars over the past 15 years.

with metal, it is more opinioniated, people like to recap. Every fresh album I hear through out the year I always remember, because I score it up subconsciously as soon as I hear it. So far Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage is no. 1 this year :D

rockmidget said:
Check out why Richard from Rock Midgets.com voted Dark Tranquility's latest album as his favourite of 2005 at Rock Midgets.com at the link below...

http://www.rockmidgets.com/features.php?id=533

Enjoy!

I don't see the mention of "Dark Tranquil(l)ity", "Character" and/or "Richard" in the link you provided. I want my money back! :mad:

Gooood. Goooooooood :D His description is stop on

Makes up for the guys at Terroizer not even mentioning Character :bah: Also they didn't give Cryptopsy their due