Cheapest way to have pro tools

Dollarosa

Jan 17, 2009
I need pro tools for project conversion. I mix in logic, but have been getting a few projects that required me to convert the pro tools session. I will not be mixing or recording in it, just need the software to consolidate the files so I can import them. Cheers

I think the cheapest way is to ask your clients to consolidate and export their wavs or at least save as OMF. Short of that I think you just have to buy a copy.

Yea, that is the problem. The engineer does not want to convert the files. I don't mind paying for a version at all. Do I need specific hardware?? I use an rme fireface, so thinking I may need to buy a mbox or something? Cheers for the replies

Yea, that is the problem. The engineer does not want to convert the files. I don't mind paying for a version at all. Do I need specific hardware?? I use an rme fireface, so thinking I may need to buy a mbox or something? Cheers for the replies

No specific hardware for PT 9/10/11. I ran 9 and 10 with an RME UFX flawlessly.

Yes, PT First will only be a stripped down version of PT. No mp3, only audio import and export (not projects), and only avid plugins available via the in-app avid store.