Question regarding Pro Tools.

J.DavisNJ

\m/
Nov 8, 2005
NJ, U.S.A.
Hello all,

I plan on upgrading my interface soon to a fireface 800. I use Logic as my DAW. I want to have Pro Tools to use, being that it's the industry standard, and if I mix bands of my friends, they would most likely prefer their recordings in pro tools.

My question is:

Could I buy a cheap m-box setup, and simply mix in Pro Tools if necessary/by request of whoever I'm recording?? I'd like to mainly track in Logic, but is it possible to just mix in Pro Tools LE?? even with the m-box disconnected?

Sorry for the newb questions, but I was curious about this. thanks.

-Joe

Yep, you'd just import the audio files into PT and go to town...but of course you'd wanna consolidate all your regions into one file to make placing them easier

i use logic as well and am contemplating getting pt le just to learn the platform.

it;s handy to know the industry standard, i just always felt like unless i was gonna shell out serious loot to get an HD system with all the components it was not worth getting PT but i'd like to know it in case i'm ever asked to work in a studio as a producer where they use PT which most likely they do becase once again, it is the industry standard.

i use logic as well and am contemplating getting pt le just to learn the platform.

it;s handy to know the industry standard, i just always felt like unless i was gonna shell out serious loot to get an HD system with all the components it was not worth getting PT but i'd like to know it in case i'm ever asked to work in a studio as a producer where they use PT which most likely they do becase once again, it is the industry standard.

Exact same situation as myself...

Cool, thanks for the replies guys! Much appreciated.

-Joe

stupid question but is there any way PT LE can work with my current interface??? i have two firepods that i use with logic...

im not getting into all this digi crap just to learn i would rather just buy and read a book. getting an mbox does me no good because i need multiple channels to track with.

if i can't record into it can i at least just get pt le to mix and practice with mixing existing audio files??

stupid question but is there any way PT LE can work with my current interface??? i have two firepods that i use with logic...

im not getting into all this digi crap just to learn i would rather just buy and read a book. getting an mbox does me no good because i need multiple channels to track with.

if i can't record into it can i at least just get pt le to mix and practice with mixing existing audio files??

Yes, but you've still gotta use an MBox.