Check my new demo, melodic metal, Guitar Rig 3, EZX DFH, need help

dd_messenger

Jan 22, 2008
Hi guys,
yesterday I finished new demo song. Melodic metal (IMHO).

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6354452

Now I'm working with bass sound. I want more realistic bass sound with some gain. What do you think about bass in this mix? What do you think about whole song?

Waiting for your comments.

P.S. I have a big problem with reverbs on guitars. In good metal mixes guitars sounding with some reverberation or ambiance, but when I try do this - I destroy mix. Can anybody help me with reverberation on guitars or in whole metal mix? May be some links on articles....
Thanks.

hello all,
fuge86, thanks for your comments,
I recorded vocals and few melodic guitar parts and remix song with them.
New mix re-uploaded on soundclick:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6354452

There is a little solo in the beginning - imho, there is something wrong with mixing, with solo place in mix.

Waiting for your comments.

the only reverb i do on guitars is i send each guitar to a bus and put the reverb on the smallest room possible with no pre delay and usually the shortest decay i can find and i pan that reverb to the opposite side of the guitar that is going into that bus. so lets say i have a guitar on the right side. i will send that in to a bus labeled "Gtr R" and i apply the reverb and then pan it to the L side. It usually isn't very audible in the mix unless there is one guitar by itself it just adds some thickness to the gits. cant listen to your mix on monitors right now so i cant really judge it but it sounds good to me through computer speakers.

the only reverb i do on guitars is i send each guitar to a bus and put the reverb on the smallest room possible with no pre delay and usually the shortest decay i can find and i pan that reverb to the opposite side of the guitar that is going into that bus. so lets say i have a guitar on the right side. i will send that in to a bus labeled "Gtr R" and i apply the reverb and then pan it to the L side. It usually isn't very audible in the mix unless there is one guitar by itself it just adds some thickness to the gits. cant listen to your mix on monitors right now so i cant really judge it but it sounds good to me through computer speakers.

Great thanks for this comment.
I'll try this today.