Check out my bands new video - modern thrash

It was ok with the production side.

BUT:

C'mon people, when you are doing a music video, especially with more extreme music, don't just stand there and play! You don't have to stress about playing badly, it's how you perform and how it looks that counts... That's why I thought the band-play-parts were a bit boring. Headbang more, mosh like there's no tomorrow get fucking crazy and over the top when you're doing the next video!

Good luck to you.

E: what's this about genreism all of a sudden...?

Thrash-revival = new bands that play like the thrash bands in the 80's/90's (Testament, Exodus, etc) : municipal waste, warbringer, bonded by blood, ...

Modern Thrash: Mainly European bands, influenced by Slayer but also by Swedish death metal (at the gates for instance) for the "melodic" riffing, with more modern and pissed-off singing (definitely not old-school singing like Exodus), and a slight death metal (Swedish but also US brutal death like Suffocation) and hardcore (esp. groove) influence. Check the albums from the Haunted, Dew-scented, hatesphere, carnal forge and nightrage (2d album) and you'll definitely hear a difference with Exodus/Testament/etc as well as with the thrash revival bands.

Ah I see what you mean dude cheers for that, so Modern Thrash is inspired by Slayer (old school) but adding Swedish Death Metal and Hardcore to it too, where as old school Thrash is influenced by Hardcore Punk & NWOBHM and Thrash revival is influenced by the bands that were originally influenced by Hardcore Punk & NWOBHM. :loco:

Carnal Forge rule!

Thrash-revival = new bands that play like the thrash bands in the 80's/90's (Testament, Exodus, etc) : municipal waste, warbringer, bonded by blood, ...

Modern Thrash: Mainly European bands, influenced by Slayer but also by Swedish death metal (at the gates for instance) for the "melodic" riffing, with more modern and pissed-off singing (definitely not old-school singing like Exodus), and a slight death metal (Swedish but also US brutal death like Suffocation) and hardcore (esp. groove) influence. Check the albums from the Haunted, Dew-scented, hatesphere, carnal forge and nightrage (2d album) and you'll definitely hear a difference with Exodus/Testament/etc as well as with the thrash revival bands.

Yeah I totally agree with this.

In addition, you can also get a good idea by the band's artwork and image alone. A lot of the "thrash-revival" bands are getting the old-school artwork as championed in the mid-late 80's by the likes of Pushead and Ed Repka (Megadeth, Toxik, Death etc), as well as wearing high-top trainers, tight jeans and denim/leather combos... and definitely long hair.

Yeah I totally agree with this.

In addition, you can also get a good idea by the band's artwork and image alone. A lot of the "thrash-revival" bands are getting the old-school artwork as championed in the mid-late 80's by the likes of Pushead and Ed Repka (Megadeth, Toxik, Death etc), as well as wearing high-top trainers, tight jeans and denim/leather combos... and definitely long hair.

Yeah. Not only artwork but band names also sound very "bay area" like.

I´d just like to add that At The Gates(well mainly TSD and SOTS) and the other Gothenburg stuff isn´t "Swedish death metal". Swedish death metal is stuff like Dismember,Grave,early Entombed and so on.

I´d just like to add that At The Gates(well mainly TSD and SOTS) and the other Gothenburg stuff isn´t "Swedish death metal". Swedish death metal is stuff like Dismember,Grave,early Entombed and so on.

Ok my mistake. I meant Swedish thrash metal, early Gothenburg stuff, as opposed to the more modern stuff like the latest Soilwork / In Flames releases.