Check out my own snare sample!

Shaun Werle

Dec 30, 2009
Brodheadsville PA
This is just a clip of something i am working on. guitars are rough and out of tune probably. Bass is a monster but probably out of tune as well. It is mastered but the volume of the overall mix is peaking pretty low on my RMS meter. a Quick fix but i'll just post what i have.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5865601/Werle Snare Mix.mp3

but the main part is i made my own sample.
100% me nothing blended.

Just want some opinons

Nice snare dude! Definately verb on there Seth, could just be the room mics tho?
The kick sounds a lil too programmed for my likings, try to use more samples to kill the machine gun effect, are the kicks lined up perfectly to the grid?

Nice snare dude! Definately verb on there Seth, could just be the room mics tho?
The kick sounds a lil too programmed for my likings, try to use more samples to kill the machine gun effect, are the kicks lined up perfectly to the grid?

I don't think the kick sounds programmed, Its multisampled to sound not like a machine gun. haha maybe i need to mess with something.

thanks man.

There is a Room mic. But it's more of a verb thing

I'd be interested in seeing how you processed the snare from raw files to finished product. No matter how hard i try i just can't get a good sounding snare.