Check out my upcoming albums to buy!

Prophetix

Devon killed Buddy
Sep 4, 2001
Dawlat elBa7rain
www.opeth.com
I've collected loads of money and Im planning to buy a load of albums.. Please check out the albums I'm planning to buy these weeks and tell me what u think.. Maybe I can make some changes here and there

1) Pain of Salvation - One Hour by the Concrete Lake
2) Sentenced - Crimson
3) Therion - Theli
4) My Dying Bride - Turn loose the Swans (Please help me on this one, Im really undecided)
5) Threshold - Hypothetical
6) Anathema - Alternative 4
7) Katatonia - Brave Murder Day

-------------------------------------------------------
I've also been considering to buy albums from these bands but i dunno:
1) Tristania
2) Paradise Lost
3) Sins of thy Beloved
4) Theatre of Tragedy
5) Magnitude 9
6) Ice Age
7) Enchant

Please tell me what u think.. :p

Heres my list( I have all the opeth albums as copies, I also have the originals of the albums I didnt list below, so I'll buy the originals of the ones I dont have):

OPETH - ORCHID
OPETH - MY ARMS, YOUR HEARSE
OPETH - BLACKWATER PARK
ANDROMEDA - EXTENSIONS OF THE WISH
DISSECTION - STORM OF THE LIGHT'S BANE
ICED EARTH - HORROR SHOW (2CD BOXSET)
NOVEMBRE - CLASSICA
NOKTURNAL MORTUM - GOAT HORNS
BLOODBATH - BREEDING DEATH
SUMMONING - STRONGHOLD
SUMMONING - LET MORTAL HEROES SING YOUR FAME
NOVEMBRE - NOVEMBRINE WALTZ
BLIND GUARDIAN - A NIGHT AT THE OPERA
SKYCLAD - FOLKEMON
DEATH - SYMBOLIC

You should most definately check out a band called In the Woods. I suggest you to buy their second album, which is Omnio. That's easily the best discovery since last summer, when I found Opeth.

Originally posted by Prophetix
I've collected loads of money and Im planning to buy a load of albums.. Please check out the albums I'm planning to buy these weeks and tell me what u think.. Maybe I can make some changes here and there

2) Sentenced - Crimson
3) Therion - Theli
4) My Dying Bride - Turn loose the Swans (Please help me on this one, Im really undecided)

1) Tristania
2) Paradise Lost
3) Sins of thy Beloved
4) Theatre of Tragedy
5) Magnitude 9
6) Ice Age
7) Enchant

you should get "beyond the veil" by tristania and draconian times by "paradise lost"

don't get "alternative 4", get "judgement" if you haven't already

"brave murder day" is an excellent choice..."turn loose the swans" is also a good choice but "the dreadful hours" is by far MDB's best.

not sure about the rest

Originally posted by Prophetix

2) Sentenced - Crimson
3) Therion - Theli

1) Tristania
2) Paradise Lost
3) Sins of thy Beloved
4) Theatre of Tragedy
5) Magnitude 9
6) Ice Age
7) Enchant

Definately pick up Anathema-Alt4.

Threshold-Hypothetical is one of the best cds I have bought in recent months, it just keeps winding up in my walkman, outstanding!!

As for Pain of Salvation, I have the first three,and the only one I keep going back to is Entropia. I tried putting on One HourBTCL the other day and it comes of pretty weak, Perfect Element is pretty bad.

Sentenced-Crimson is pretty good, but kind of uninteresting after several listens. Try Nort From Here or Amok instead.

Katatonia -Brave Murder Day is very good. but I don't need to convince you since you're on the Opeth board.

As far as the bands you are contemplating-
Magnitude 9-Reality in Focus is very good. Great guitars, good progmetal, good vox.

Enchant- I like this band a lot. The newest one is very good, Juggling 9. I personally like the first one, Blueprint of the World, the best. It's a little more mellow than the rest, but very textural and great songs and lyrics.

Tristania-Beyond the Veil is very good doom/gothic metal. Well produced and great female vox.

Sins of the Beloved -Perpetual Desolation is also very good doom/goth, but Tristania is a lot better.

Hope I helped!

Damn, you have excellent taste, very similar to mine...anything from Pain Of Salvation is excellent (Remedy Lane should be nothing short of amazing), Alt4 is one of Anathema's best, the Katatonia and My Dying Bride are of course classics of its genre, and both have many other great albums (Tonight's Decision and The Dreadful Hours being personal favorites). I think Widow's Weeds is slightly better than Beyond The Veil. As for the prog, Hypothetical (also recommended: Clone and Wounded Land) is one of last year's best. Ice Age's Liberation, Mag9's Reality In Focus, and Enchant's Juggling/Dropping (also recommened: their debut Blueprint Of The World) are all great albums.