Purity
Liberate
Prosthetics
No Life
Diluted
Only One
Scissors
Eeyore (hidden track)

These fuckers are fucking sick! These guys are the only popular band in the U.S. that has any talent whatsoever! If you think Korn and Limp Bizkit suck, then Slipknot is for you.

They successfully combine rap, techno and death metal. Corey's vocals (his clean is excellent), combined with the take-no-prisoners riffing and awesome double bass drumming make this album unquestionably one of the most violent, twisted and sick releases in a long time.

Unfortunately, their violence is partially hindered because of bad sound quality. The guitars are muddy and the drums likewise; the double bass in particular has way too much mids. Though they are played with impeccable brutality, sometimes it just doesn't cut it thanks to the shoddy sound quality.

Still, this album is a must-own for anyone who enjoys good, brutal death metal.
Production rating 8/10
Songwriting rating 9/10

taken from

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Cabaret/1176/index2.html

"These fuckers are fucking sick!"
This has to be one of the greatest lines ever. It just changes the whole way that I perceived Slipknot.

I think Trapped pointed out once that this is not Slipknot's first cd... their first one was totally different and more complex, having some jazzy tunes and shit or something...

Someone told me that Slipknot was banned from playing venues live because they were too "brutal" :lol:!! Yea...right. I don't hate SK, but it's not very hard to match their "Brutality"

Battman: :lol: Nice avatar man

I just hate the whole slipknot fanbase and image they have. They could make that music with half the members, and it's 75% show, 25% music. Some people say when you go see a band it's all about the show, but I was happy when I went to see in flames, and slayer just playing their stuff live. Maybe it's just me, but I go to see the musicians, not a fat clown jump around and throw shit and fight the other useless band members... :mad:

Battman: I dunno man..but it's kept me laughing since I posted about it. :lol:

Greenwater_Pond: :lol:@ "Maybe it's just me, but I go to see the musicians, not a fat clown jump around and throw shit and fight the other useless band members..."

And let's see what are those Slipknot lyrics, oh yeah, "If your 555 then I'm 666." Oh and "Fuck it all, fuck this shit, blah blah blah."

First of all, you're a dumbass. That's not the first Slipknot cd.

Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat was the first Slipknot cd. Absolutely good stuff on that one. Gently is brilliant (NOT the "gently" off iowa, two totally different tracks, make sure you get the right one).

But yes, that's a rediculous reveiw, and the guy had no idea what he was talking about. Brutal Death metal? No. Bad? Not exactly Good? Not exactly. Bad Review? Damn Straight.

hehe. I know what you mean GWP. I used to listen to Nu Metal back in the day, but I can't stand that shit anymore...and If anyone's wondering why Broken Offering isn't here flaming tonight, he's off at the Trust Company, Disturbed, Korn show. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:loco:

Some bands had decent offerings before they turned completely nu-metal. I like sevendusts first album quite a bit, as well as the latest fear factory (besides the awful "back the fuck up" track), and the first soulfly and primitive were still alright. Besides that some songs like Coal Chamber's Loco were some of the songs that introduced me to metal 4 years ago, so I still give them a spin in the CD player every no and again.

I actually liked Korn's first album...then they just started going down hill pretty much after their 3rd cd.
Untouchables is one of the most horrible cds I have EVER heard