Check These Two Reviews!!!

Come on peeps, loads have people have viewed this...what d'yall reckon??? I'm not after compliments, just genuinely need to know if it's any good!! Thankyou!

well i just read those reviews :)
the "my arms your hearse" review is in my opinion a good one, you go deep into the subject and speak about your interpretation of the lyrics as well as the music, which i liked because i really like pondering about lyrics :)
i can sadly not say much about the gig review as i´ve neither seen Opeth live nor read any other reviews of their live acts.

Cool, thanks very much :)

I'm doing all the albums slowly so I'll post this link back up when they're done...Still Life should be up shortly! Thanks for replying!

Well, it definitely made me pick up the album (again). Original interpretations of the lyrics and the overall theme, it's definitely better than just concentrating on the music with an album like MAYH... I'd like to read more.

So far i 've read only the gig review.
Aren't reviews supposed to present facts? You mostly talk about your feelings and how amazing everything was and you say almost nothing about facts that may be interesting to other people.
My point is that you mostly write as a fan, whereas you should be watching the whole thing from the reviewer's side. :)

Review the review of an album huh.

Album is great, the review ok, the review of the review horrible
pukeface.gif

hey there paulo,,,

just thought i would pop in , i think your CD review is one of the best thats on our site, well written, well expressed, definitely one that proves you to being one of the biggest opeth fans ive ever met ,, and certainly one that compels people to either re listen to the cd or maybe even go out and buy it, which is the whole point of a review, that if its a good CD the reviewers job is to say "go buy it you cant live without it!" ..

its also very informative, i think ive had the cd longer than you yet there was things about it i didnt know that i do now, so on that respect the review is excellent, a brilliant read in general ..

as for the live review, i missed this gig which i was devastated about having seen them a couple of times before and knowing that they are very cool live .. but your review made me feel like i was there,

i understand the point about it should be informative rather than just being a fans review , but also surely this is a good thing so that you know the person knows what they are talking about when it comes to that band or at the very least that style of music,, i always hate it when you know that the person reviewing a certain band or style clearly doesnt know it that well or isnt interested ,, but to read a fans review of a live experience is always an uplifting experience ,

live reviews are different to cd reviews as well ,, the cd review should be informative because it is something that someone else can share ,, the live review should be about the experience, seeing as its too late for anyone else to partake in that particular night, and also just generally be a good read, so i think that both reviews stand up for themselves, and , especially the cd review, which is an excellent piece of work ...

nice to see people checking out the pages as well,, showing that its all worth while :D

@PaulTangaroa: I see your point about the gig review, and you're probably right. It's just that if there were a bit more few details and info about the gig itself, this would help those not being there imagine it and "live" it in their minds ;)

As for the cd review I think it's very good. It certainly made me listen to the whole cd again and discover things i never knew before. So thanks about that :)

Cheers for all this peeps!! Me gig review was from the heart n that,so I just wanted to share my elated feeling with everyone, not give a detailed account of the songs they played etc... I was in absolute euphoria throughout the whole show, right at the front of the band who changed my life, I was trying to get that across to people

I appreciate the commentas however, it's really cool that a lot of you really like the CD review, I feel chuffed!!:)

(I'm doing Silhouette right now !!:))

Cool, just re-read what you said Vortex- Thanks!! :)
I've nearly finished another review now, I'll put the link up again, and hopefully you can tell me what you reckon!:)