check this 7...(USA ONLY)

looks really cool, altho i wouldn't trust anything with ed roman's name attached to it

...i'd also question why there's 5 bolts in the back rather than 4?

...or why he would supposedly spend $2000 on a guitar body, and not upgrade those shitty stock pickups?

I was wondering the same because my Ibanez 7 string doesn't have the skunk strip either and it has the Lo Trs 7 tremolo. I did some looking at Jemsite and it says its an RG 7420. I got the guitar used so I didn't get any details on it.

i find it so comical that you never hear a single good word about roman anywhere but on his own website

I was wondering the same because my Ibanez 7 string doesn't have the skunk strip either and it has the Lo Trs 7 tremolo. I did some looking at Jemsite and it says its an RG 7420. I got the guitar used so I didn't get any details on it.

If it has the Lo trs its probably a 7420. Although, I have seen a few 7420s with the necks off the body and they have 7620 stamped on the neck joint., strange. They all have had skunk stripes and have come off 7420 bodies, (pick up cavity is slightly different to 7620s),and they are a thinner neck than my 7620s. I actually like them better for lead, but still prefer the non skunk for rhythm. Give Ed a call, by all accounts, he seems pretty honest!:puke:

How many of you people have actually spoken to Ed Roman? I don't know why all you fellows are bashing him publically. He can be a little breif and maybe come off as a bit pushy, but he's quite knowledgable when it comes to musical instruments and his staff has done some good work (and did great work for that matter on one of my own guitars).

Good, but that is not worth 1200 USD at all. There is no fucking way it costs 550 USD for a quilt top, most custom shops I've got quotes from on quilted tops are less than that in Australia dollars, let alone US dollars.

I wouldn't call him a real luthier. He copies guitars and sells them as the real thing. This has been proven in the past and he also sells blatent copies as 'romans'. That and he's a massive tool!

lolzgreg: I understand you had a nice interaction with him... but tell me, how come the HUGE majority of people on the net that talk about him say he's a douche? :lol: