CHECK THIS.INTERESTING .GUITAR PEDALS BLIND TESTS

Theres a trick here. comparision orders are on firms control. Listen back and compare by yourself again with the help of youtube bar.

It smells like an adv. It's easy to make a pedal sound better than other in a specific configuration. I mean, you tweak the VS pedal to its best and then you try to emulate it with the others. That's a lie IMHO.

In any case, pedals sound good anyway.

LOL. I used the Visual Sound Route 808 pedal on a session the other week and I didn't even realize when I watched this clip...

Re: The overdrive clip... LOL. It's quite clear when he compares that the Route 808 is louder than the last pedal. To be honest it sounded quite similar to the Tubescreamer pedals to me, and the reason they picked it was likely due to the volume bias, or some other factor like the amp being dialed for it etc.

TBH when I did an opamp shoot-out myself between the TI and JRC chips, there was definitely a discernible difference. I preferred the JRC chip. He is correct though in that the capacitor choice, clipping method and tone stack do make a larger difference.