Cheers and Jeers of the Fest 2015

Only two jeers.

First thing, which is always inevitable is not enough time to see all bands due to overlap.

Second is the awful nachos I had in the joint that I waited an hour for.

Everything else is a cheer for me.

Cheer - It's a great fest. Perfect size and a mostly like-minded crowd.
Jeer - Odin should be more involved in a public manner during the fest (stage announcements etc)
Cheer - venue staff seemed more pleasant this year
Jeer - Seeing a few members of a few bands totally shitfaced and acting like complete assholes. I was extremely close to pummeling one guy.
Cheer - Seeing some of my favorite people again
Jeer - I forgot to get a poster

Jeer - Seeing a few members of a few bands totally shitfaced and acting like complete assholes. I was extremely close to pummeling one guy.

Unfortunately this seems to happen every year. Scratch that, seems to happen at most shows I go to where at least one band member of one band does this. Thankfully for me, I didn't notice it as much this year. The first year at Reggie's it was really bad.

No jeers directly related to the fest.

1. Parking tickets

2. People who don't know how to return gear they borrow.

#2....I agree with....this is going to change next year....I don't think I am going to book any band that will not bring their own gear....too much of a hassle for everyone involved...it caused more headaches than was needed.

my jeers.....

the poorly run raffle....in years past the raffle was a great way to make money and people had fun with it.. like pat going nuts buying tickets for stuff. This yea no one had a clue to what was being raffled or when it was being raffled off.

I want to see some changes for second stage...maybe less bands with more time so people who want to see bands playing at the same time will have more wiggle room to catch bands.

my jeers.....

I want to see some changes for second stage...maybe less bands with more time so people who want to see bands playing at the same time will have more wiggle room to catch bands.

Agreed 100%

We all know the 2nd stage was a necessary evil at one time.
With a solid main stage lineup the fest sells well enough as is.

I completely forgot about a couple bands on the 2nd stage I wanted to see.

Agreed 100%

We all know the 2nd stage was a necessary evil at one time.
With a solid main stage lineup the fest sells well enough as is.

I completely forgot about a couple bands on the 2nd stage I wanted to see.

the second stage isn't going away...it is a great way for new bands to reach a larger audience. We did talk about a few different ideas for next year....now we have to see if those ideas are workable.

my jeers.....

the poorly run raffle....in years past the raffle was a great way to make money and people had fun with it.. like pat going nuts buying tickets for stuff. This yea no one had a clue to what was being raffled or when it was being raffled off.

From my recollection, it seems every other year the raffle is cool. I thoguht the previous year's was well done too but it seemed like an afterthought this year.