Cheers! Jeers!

Cheerz:

*Glenn N Jenn being such a great looking METAL couple!
*Progpower 11 and all of the Harveston's hard work not only at the festival, but year round.
*Brother Jose at the CM table.
*Steve at CM, thank you for all the Tecate!
*The insider table for giving us direction to show others where to get Red Circuit after we ran out.
*Metal Rose for her top-notch seamstress excellence at the new Progpower clothing line.
*Hilton Head Marriott where we are relaxing after sore feet and two days of standing.
*Over 1000 VERY cool prog-goers that came to say hello. We would like to thank you all for the beers and your great hospitality this year. This years group was an A+ over years of the past. Much more fun to be around and much more of a party.
*Progpower people that axe-killed bad moutherz! We seen many that "put down" others this year being "@ut down".

Jeerz:

*another 3700 miles of road travel.
*The BIG asshole that kept asking about titles out, told release date was not until Sept 14th, and then slammed us in their Jeer when they found it at another table with broken street-date. We are not assholes but when you ask us 20 fucking times drunk and we explain over and over again that we DO NOT break street date, what right have you in your jeer.
*Not getting the time to see even 1 band perform.
*Getting to see Rush in DC this Saturday on the way home to the Twin Cities.
*Finding that CDINZANE.com III and its web-writers have finally completed the full punch-list.
*Finally, having to wait another year to rock out again next year with you all.

Thank you all for the best year ever!

Hugz, Zane and Heather

Cheers to Glen and his lovely wife, my wife for dropping my friend and I off picking up our bags and staying up late to pick us up after the show. she cooked for us as well, and put up with our music there and back. Delain and Seventh Wonder for putting on great shows. Jeers to the crappy camera I had that took bad picks. next year I go back to my still camera. Not having enough money to buy everything I wanted(20CDS AND 12SHIRTS ARE NOT ENOUGH) Two very long waits for bands.although Delain made it up with a killer show. And of course the long drive back. See you all next year, stay safe

In fairness to Shaye - she was really only standing ON the chair once, maybe twice, and that was only after touchdowns. Overall I would say she was very well behaved, thanks in part to her chaperon :)

Roll Tide
Jeff

It was nice to meet you, Jeff. I don't know how many times I barked "get down from there" before I finally relented. I didn't want any injuries to occur. It's all great fun until someone breaks a neck, or hip of something ;)

Britt

Cheers:

To Shannon (Yardleybates) for being THE ONLY ONE to show me love **wink wink, you know what I am talking about** during the PP weekend :D

I'm sure I'm going to risk repeating some of the 5 pages before this post, but here goes:

Cheers!

- To Glenn and crew for putting on a fest worth travelling 3000 miles for the second time
- To Glenn and crew for putting on a fest so good that my not-a-huge-metal-fan wife suggested we travel 3000 miles to come a second time
- To Grogg for contacting me through this board so we could hang out for a couple of days at the fest, good to see you and Sharon!
- To Kamelot, Stormwarrior, Oceans of Sadness, DGM, and Hammerfall for exceeding my expecations
- To Seventh Wonder and Delain for knocking it completely out of the park
- To Marco for singing with Delain for Gathering and Control the Storm
- To the Blackguard and Kamelot drummers for being really entertaining to watch (I play keys and used to play guitar a little, suck at drums, for some reason I found these two drummers fascinating)
- To Kamelot and Michael for putting on an incredible show in less than ideal circumstances
- To whoever did the sound for Blackguard, Seventh Wonder, Stormwarrior, Delain, and Hammerfall...those sets were mixed to near perfection from where I was sitting (I don't even really like Blackguard's music, just not my thing, but they sounded great)
- To Nocturnal Rites and Hammerfall for keeping things going thru spilled beer, fallen mic stands, dead microphones, nefarious on/off switches, and various other problems they had
- To Tyr for singing in Faroese, totally loved that
- To Tijs from Oceans for seamlessly switching from clean vocals, to growl, to scream, and back...how do you do that?!?
- To DGM for being really nice guys (met them Saturday outside Subway)
- To the bartender who made me some very strong Long Island ice teas
- To the Marriott for a very nice and quiet room (and for respecting the privacy please sign)

Jeers

- It's been said, but gotta repeat, to the heat in the venue on Saturday...ugh
- To whoever mixed Leaves' Eyes, Kamelot, and Tarot for not fixing what sounded to me like some really obvious and fixable problems
- To Delta for starting to board our return flight only to de-board and move us to a different concourse to get on a different plane

Counting my pennies to see if I can swing airfare for next year!

- To whoever mixed Leaves' Eyes, Kamelot, and Tarot for not fixing what sounded to me like some really obvious and fixable problems

From the photo pit, Kamelot's mix seemed perfect. Were there problems elsewhere?

From the photo pit, Kamelot's mix seemed perfect. Were there problems elsewhere?

The main complaint I had about Kamelot is that Elize (lovely sounding though she was) was way too loud relative to the other instruments/singers. But only when she was singing the background part. Her part overpowered the lead vocals when Tommy stepped in and seemed out of place during other parts where there were no lead vocals.

I also wished Oliver's keys were up a bit, but that's more of a preference thing.