Chicago House of Blues Gig, may be a two night stand!

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
Can't confirm this YET, but it appears to be so. Logistically, if Anthrax and Motorhead are playing Chi. on a Friday, and Milwaukee on Sun., how far would you expect them to drive to play somewhere on the night in between?? If they play there on a Saturday, I think I may have to be there.

i posted yesterday under another thread that there are rumors to this affect on the motorhead board. not only is it possible, it sounds likely. the first show goes on sale this weekend, i'm sure they're going to make sure it sells well first before announcing the second show (in case they don't have to if sale for the first suck by some anti-miracle).

I always wanted to see an Anthrax show in Chicago. It's almost like a hometown gig. I have a video of the first Chicago show in 98 and CDs of the second one. In the CDs John mentions Toole Box Dan and his friend's "Lone Justice" poster. Hopefully I can make a clip of that somehow when I make a Lone Justice website.

Us chi-towners love our metal!! :headbang:

Last time I saw Anthrax was back in '98. They played a radio station's rock fest, and even though they were on the second stage...it fucking rocked! I was standing 10 feet away from the stage and, damn, did that blow me away.

Yeah, Anthrax loves Chicago. But since I am not a Motorhead fan at all, I will probably end up leaving early. I saw Anthrax open for Judas Priest back on Feb 7 2002 when they were SUPPOSED to record the live album but I guess it was unsuccesful. Wildl crowd anyway, Scott really appreciated and gave us a speech on why Chicago is so great.

One problem is that I am under 18, and the show is 18 and over????!!! There are metalheads that aren't legal, but I'll hopefully find some way to get in...

remington69 said:
Us chi-towners love our metal!! :headbang:

Last time I saw Anthrax was back in '98. They played a radio station's rock fest, and even though they were on the second stage...it fucking rocked! I was standing 10 feet away from the stage and, damn, did that blow me away.

Yeah, I was at this show too. My third Anthrax show of the year. I was in front of Paul the whole time. I thought it was pretty cool when Chris Jericho put Bush on his shoulders during Antisocial. Anthrax was the only good band at that piece of shit RockStock (that's what it was called right?). Oh, Sevendust and Brian May weren't bad, either. But that's about it. I remember walking back to the main stage and Creed was on, yikes. And then Rammstein (who was headlining, what the fuck?!?!) came out and after they played Du Hast everyone left. That cracked me up.

remington69 said:
I forgot about Jericho being there! I remember that!

You can't knock all the mainstagers, though...Joe Satriani and Kenny Wayne Shepard kicked ass too!

That's right, I forgot Satriani was there. He was good. I didn't see KWS. I've seen him once before though and the sound was so bad I had to leave.