House Of Blues...

Thraxhead1985

Jul 15, 2002
Kokomo, IN
Visit site
Is there an age limit to get in the House of Blues for the Anthrax/Motorhead gig? I was talking to my dad because we are going to go, but we might be restricted because I am only 17...I hope not...

BUD LIGHT PRESENTS
MOTORHEAD/ANTHRAX
18 & OVER/STANDING ROOM
HOUSE OF BLUES CHICAGO
329 N DEARBORN STREET
FRI MAY 16 2003 9:00 PM

Do what I used to do.
Take no ID and when (if) they ask for ID reach for your allet as if you fully intend to show proof then act shocked to see your liscense is still in Barbaras car.

Bitch and moan to whoever you're with about it, it's good if they act like you've done this before.

Usually they'll decide to just let you in.

dude, its fucking motorthrax, do what the fuck you got to do. If they did that shit to me id bitch moan and get a permananet marker and put on my head DONT SELL ME BEER if they wouldnt let me in, too much of a show to miss. Dont look like ill be seeing it ANYWHERE. bitch ass parents wont let me drive to norfolk, i want to kill them.

damn, that's some hard shit guys. I just turned 19, and suffered some of that crap only recently. Clubs are getting more and more hardass about age limits - just stay hard about it, and you'll eventually get in.

all you have to do is find a cool older looking man,(Its MotorHead and Anthrax I am sure there will be a few older guys there) and ask him if you can say you are with him, and they will let you in. Have him say hes your Dad and you are in the clear...

Buddy_Love_Bomb said:
all you have to do is find a cool older looking man,(Its MotorHead and Anthrax I am sure there will be a few older guys there) and ask him if you can say you are with him, and they will let you in. Have him say hes your Dad and you are in the clear...

I am going to the House of Blues show with my dad!

its a long drive to go to chicago... however we'd be able to make it... and i planned on it... but the age limit restricts me also... we called and they said 'no exceptions'..... dunno if itd be worth it to go and be denied and then have tickets for nothing... then have to drive all the way back home...

:(

is it 18 or older for all Motorhead/Anthrax shows thru the US or does it depend on where theyre playing... but with my luck they probably wont come any closer to where i live than chicago

i just want to see thrax on this fuckin tour! :zombie:

... lol

That sucks. As far as I know there is only one club in my hometown which doesn't allow under 18. My friend played there with his death metal band and the fuckers didn't let his 17 year old girlfriend in. Even though he was convincing them that he'd take care of her, she had to go home...

Thraxhead1985 said:
Is there an age limit to get in the House of Blues for the Anthrax/Motorhead gig? I was talking to my dad because we are going to go, but we might be restricted because I am only 17...I hope not...

I saw Anthrax April of 94. My birthday is in May and I was still only 17 when they played with Fight at this place called Hammerjacks. They show was 18 and over but my Dad got me in. He just walked with me and my bud up to to the door and they didn't even card us, they just knew we weren't there to drink beer. Think about it dude?? If you worked the door to some rock club and you see a couple of die hard fanatic kids eagerly there just to enjoy a show with tickets in their hands, you have to be a real loser anti-social fat no pussy getting dick head to deny them. Refuse to be denied !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, speaking of Baltimore, I have backstage footage of Bush asking me "What happened to you guys? We used to loooooooove Baltimore" in 96 or so. He's right. Baltimore shows had tame crowds. I think I know what happened to them, they strayed away from blue working class peeps to mostly all college kids. There's like 20 schools in the the Baltimore area and they just grew like crazy with alot of med students. Plus the city cleaned up with Camden Yards and Ravens Stadium being built. I can't believe they have a red light district right next to the police station. Sometimes me and my bud go bar hopping and we'll walk into some joint and be like "fuck!" because we realize it's a nudie bar and then the next thing you know, 5 girls are reaching for your cock and wallet.