Chicago Metal Anthem 2

Dec 9, 2005
www.edensfall.com
Big thanks goes out to all who attended the first CMA fest ! It was a HUGE success. It was going to be and annual event but what the fuck why not do it twice a year. So sometime late Feb. I'm going to do it again. Any suggestions on what bands should play ?

Eden's Fall Ray said:
Big thanks goes out to all who attended the first CMA fest ! It was a HUGE success. It was going to be and annual event but what the fuck why not do it twice a year. So sometime late Feb. I'm going to do it again. Any suggestions on what bands should play ?

Damn! You the man! :)

Suggestions:

Any Chicago area bands I've never heard of or seen before. Of course, there's no way for you or me to know who those are! The only Chicago band I can think of who's name I know of but I've never seen in action is Enforsaken.

Well, um, Eden's Fall. Just to state the obvious.
Bavmorda (used to be Vulture)
Ion Vein (if they have a new singer!)
Skullview (from Valpo, actually)

and... NOVEMBER'S F*CKING DOOM!! They'll be about to release their new CD then, I think.

I know this show is supposed to showcase Chicago area bands, but if you want to stretch the size of "da region" and get Mirror Black from Madison back for a repeat performance from Powerfest, that'd be cool. Or maybe Gracepoint, but they're from way the hell up in Minnesota.

And, for a really stupid suggestion - I've thought for a long time now that a continental band exchange would be fun. Pick one night where there are shows both here and in the west, either in, like LA or Houston. On this night Chicago area bands have gone west, and west coast bands have come here. So to start small, I wonder if there's someone out west who would be interested in setting up a sort of L.A. Metal Anthem, and for the first time we swap ONE band. Someone who played this last CMA#1 could go out west to play there that night, and one band from out west would come to play CMA#2. It would be like having exchange students.

Of course, the real reason I thought of this is that there are several west coast bands or Texas bands I know of and like a lot that I will might never see again, like Stride, Prymary, Redemption, etc. So I have to lure them here somehow, so my plotting has now begun here :)

Thanks again to you and Dan for setting up CMA#1, I'm already looking forward to CMA#2!

Ken

Thats a great idea to have another fest this year. Have you considered any other venues? Double Door or Joes on Weed street would be 2 great venues to have the show at. Not sure how that would work out for people that need hotels etc..

Novembers Doom, hell yeah that would rock.
Rival
Bavmorda
and of course IV pending on the vocal situation

Ed