Chicago Powerfest - Friday afternoon activities

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would pop in and post this message here as well as on the Perpetual Motion board since it seems several people on this forum are headed out to Chicago Powerfest. I'm sort of a local boy, I live in Valparaiso and teach at Valparaiso University, which is only 30 minutes from Lansing. Plus, I've met at least some of you before in person, like Imagikafan, and others on Seismic Radio, like Squeak, so I know you're not all a bunch of serial killers. :) Anyway, I'm trying to do my part to keep weary travelers entertained, so ...

For everyone who will be at Powerfest by Friday at lunchtime or shortly after: I'm done teaching at 10am on Friday and would love to just head out of Valpo then for some fun and socializing rather than waiting until later in the day.

If you would like something to do during the day on Friday, I'd be glad to lead an expedition down to S&J Stereo, a CD store with a great metal (and vinyl!) section that's only a couple of exits away from JJ Kelleys. Also near S&J Stereo and Kelley's is Indianapolis Blvd., home to every restaurant known to man, for lunch and a 28-screen theater complex for afternoon showings of Sin City, Sahara, or whatever.

(The theaters are Kerasotes Showplace 16 and Showplace 12, in Schererville, IN, you can find showtimes listed on the Kerasotes web site...)

If anyone is interested in an afternoon of CD shopping, lunch and maybe a movie, let me know. I can fit 5-6 others in the minivan, plus lead anyone else who can drive.

\m/ Movies, Meals, Merchandise and Metal Make the Perfect Friday!! \m/

I hope to meet many of you at Powerfest even if you're not there by Friday afternoon. Look for the 5'2" blond guy with dreadlocks. That won't be me, because I'm 6'4" with dark hair and beard. Please say hi :)

Cheers,

Ken L.

MetalRose said:
LMFAO! That made me inhale Diet Coke through my nose! Thank you! I'll find you and say hello!

Yes, MR and I (I can't speak for her other buddy) will wander around calling out, "Metalprof!!! Metalprof?? Metalprof!!!" until we find you. :)

Shaye

(Tomorrow!!! Yippee!!)

Squeak said:
Ken, can't wait to see ya! Will be great fun (and chaos, of course)! Will you be down at JJ's on Thursday night too or just Friday and Saturday?

Unfortunately, I have to give the Thursday night stuff a pass, I'm pushing it leaving the wife alone with two kids for the other two nights!

See you Friday.

Ken