Chicago Powerfest

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Hey,
If anyone needs a ticket for Friday for Powerfest, please let me know.

FYI - I checked with Chris L, and he said its cool that I try to sell the ticket here, as long as it isn't in the Powerfest forum.

Not looking to profit in any way. I purchased a 2 day pass, and can only make Saturday.

Let me know! Thanks

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
What is the lineup for each day exactly?

This is from memory.....
FRIDAY:
ELDRITCH
AGENT STEEL
BIOMECHANICAL
WITHERING SOUL
(One more I can't recall)

SATURDAY:
MORGANA LEFAY
NOCTURNAL RITES
ION VEIN
TWELFTH GATE
MIRROR BLACK

Wow, Biomechanical is ahead of Agent Steel?
No respect!!!!!!
Wish I could make both days.
Still glad to be going Saturday.
Who else from here will be attending?
Ken - So no BBQ? I am telling you, the kids love naked jello wrestling! :)

Hey all.
Powerfest was a blast. From this forum, I think Vito and Ken (Metalprof) were the only ones I saw there.
Chris says next year they want a more musically diverse line-up.
Should be interesting.
I would say the show was a huge success....
Maybe Novembers Doom for Powerfest 2007?

I'm really sorry that I missed it. My car completely died on me last week and I had no means of getting around, not to mention having to save every penny to put towards a new one *sigh* Fucking timing is everything. Vito said it was great as well.

I wouldn't be against doing the Powerfest again, especially if they're branching out and having more varied types of bands on the bill. I think our newer material would (hopefully) be well received.

Yeah, I think the issue with the fest is having "Power" in the name.
I think by now everyone knows that it does not necessarily mean "power metal" only.
They tried to get diverse with adding Withering Soul, though they didn't seem to go over too well. Maybe corpse paint black metal is too far from a stretch for metal heads going to see bands like Agent Steel, Nocturnal Rites, etc.
Anyhow, I hope they keep this thing up!!!!
Milwaukee Metalfest is pretty much as dead as it can be.
There is definitely room for this fest to take over as the premiere midwest festival of the year. I would actually say that this years fest gives the rather lackluster line-up for Prog Power a run for its money......

BalanceofPower said:
I'll be "representin''" with my ND hoodie haha see ya there man. I'm leaving worok right now to go.

ND Hoodies? Did you guys have those @ the Nite Cap show? If you did I must not have seen them. :erk:

So when's the next ND show?! :D

The hoodies were printed up back when we toured with the Gathering in 2004. We haven't had any in quite a while. I believe Plastic Head are printing up ND hoodies for sale, I'll let you know more about that when I have more info.

Vito is now infamous for his ND hoodie, that kid lives in that thing haha

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
The hoodies were printed up back when we toured with the Gathering in 2004. We haven't had any in quite a while. I believe Plastic Head are printing up ND hoodies for sale, I'll let you know more about that when I have more info.

Vito is now infamous for his ND hoodie, that kid lives in that thing haha

No kidding!! I smelled him from like 10 feet away!!!! :lol:
Just kidding!!!

I noticed the back of that hoodie Vito was sportin had the cover art for "Reflecting in Grey Dusk" That would be cool as a t shirt with that on the front too...

That was a one time thing, because the "Reflecting..." cd was being given out during that same tour and time that those shirts were being sold. Don't think you'll ever see that artwork on a shirt ever again, sorry :D

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
That was a one time thing, because the "Reflecting..." cd was being given out during that same tour and time that those shirts were being sold. Don't think you'll ever see that artwork on a shirt ever again, sorry :D

Of course I'll see it again, it's on the XL girlie top that I still need to shrink down. ;) That hasn't been done yet but I'll try to take care of it soon, especially since the design is so, uhmm, rare. (heh) I do have the new smaller b/w girlie with the scarecrow guy one it to hold me over in the meantime, the one I picked up at THE NOTE. :D Did I say Nite Cap up above? Oops. I meant to write The Note. :loco: