Chicago Powerfest

I wasn't trying to be trollish -- I was just pointing out that it's inherently impossible to harmonize a "growl" isn't it? There are different pitches for sure, but don't you need to be singing a note for it to be harmonized in key?

I agree though, if people are throwing out death growls at different pitches then this can be very effective in a live setting. Napalm Death do it very well.

No biggy...all I know is that it impressed the hell outta me! :kickass:

My only comments are that the chick from Benedictum sounds like a man sometimes, heh.

I recall a thread from another board where someone raised the theory that she might do more than just *sound* like a man, if you know what I mean.

The heavy makeup, the poofy hair, the fakies....just saying you might not want to get too drunk at Powerfest if you would be uncomfortable stumbling upon a 'Crying Game' situation!

Neil

woah wait... Martyr played the March Metal Meltdown?! Damn, I have to look over that list of bands again and see what else I was too dumb to realize.

I saw the lineup for an old Milwaukee Metalfest that I had attended, and it listed Isis and a couple other bands I really wish that I would have seen there. And it wasn't that I didn't know they were playing, it was that I wasn't aware of those bands at all at that time, so the names meant nothing to me. Poor me! But that's all the more reason to check out all the young bands at something like HCII, just so you don't end up kicking yourself 5 years later.

Neil

Yeah General Zod, what the fuck? :loco:
You want me to take advice from a guy who would pass on Veronica because of internet gossip?

83773581_l.gif

Zod