Aug 3, 2005
Oak Lawn IL
Setlist for Nevermore 10/26/05 Chicago:

1. Born
2. My Acid Words
3. Bittersweet Feast
4. The River Dragon Has Come
5. This Godless Endeavor

That's it!!!!!! Fireball Ministry played for close to 45 minutes. Nevermore barely played 30 minutes and they were the second band. Opeth kicked ass as usual. It's cool to hear Akerfeldt talk in between songs but if he cut back on the chatter, they could play another song or two.

The mix for the Nevermore set sucked too. It was really muddy and by the time they got it fixed...show fucking over. That's a shame because Warrell sounded great once the mixing board fool figured out which knobs to turn. I was expecting close to an hour from the mighty Nevermore and felt ripped off. If anyone knows the reason why the set list was so short please chime in.

It might of had something to do with it being an all ages show and a 10:30 curfew for the toddlers. If that's the case don't put three bands on a bill for shows during the middle of the week. I hope the rest of you get to see and hear a longer more deserving set of a band this caliber.

The thing that kind of sucked was that the thing was over by the time everyone was into it, but even what little they played kicked so much ass.

I thought the mix was perfect for Nevermore from where I was, I could hear everything so clearly.

Vic Rattlehead said:
The thing that kind of sucked was that the thing was over by the time everyone was into it, but even what little they played kicked so much ass.

I thought the mix was perfect for Nevermore from where I was, I could hear everything so clearly.

It's like they were just getting started and poof...they were ushered off the stage. After hearing what I heard, I was ready for more. They sounded tight. There's always the headlining gigs I guess??

Fireball Ministry was so boring and should not have played as long as they did. Nevermore got jipped so fucking bad on their set time. Nevermore should have played for an hour. They sounded great from where I was standing as well. I was right in front of the mixing board by the back bar. I hope they do a headlining tour really soon.

Great show, although I agree it was too short. TGE sounded just as great as I knew it would, I was so excited when I heard they'd be playing it. Here's a few pics I took before security caught me. Sorry they're so dark.
Nevermore102605005.jpg

Nevermore102605004.jpg

Nevermore102605003.jpg

Nevermore102605001.jpg

Vic Rattlehead said:
Beanie- $22
Nevermore pentagram, Dead Heart in a Dead World cover, Godless Endeavor cover- $30
White longsleeve- $35
$35 for the white longsleeve? :err:
I paid 20€ for mine in Europe (about $24). Why is it so expensive in the US? :confused:

Vic Rattlehead said:
Beanie- $22
Nevermore pentagram, Dead Heart in a Dead World cover, Godless Endeavor cover- $30
White longsleeve- $35

Thanks for the info....now would anyone be so kind as to pick up a white long sleeve for me and I will gladly send out cash ASAP. They are not coming to my neck of the woods otherwise I would.:wave:

dreamingneonblack said:
Thanks for the info....now would anyone be so kind as to pick up a white long sleeve for me and I will gladly send out cash ASAP. They are not coming to my neck of the woods otherwise I would.:wave:

They only had up to XL......:erk: :cry: :cry:

Oh...and Tiff's 3rd picture - thats me in the lower left corner with the Lamb of God hoddie. Very good show indeed, for so short a time.

Nobody knows why the set was so short? And what set lengths are they getting throughout the rest of the tour?

This tour so should've been just Opeth and Nevermore. FM are okay but there's no need for them on this tour.

Firehead said:
Nobody knows why the set was so short? And what set lengths are they getting throughout the rest of the tour?

This tour so should've been just Opeth and Nevermore. FM are okay but there's no need for them on this tour.

It was short because it was an all ages show. The show had to be over at 9:30 for school night curfew. WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE 18!!! You're ruining it for the rest of us.