Chicken Unlimited

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
OK, last night some friends and I went out to Hooters and as always when guys get together weird stuff comes up. I brought up the fact that there was a Chicken chain of restaurants in the 1970's-80's called Chicken Unlimited here in Chicago and I believe it was nationwide as well. They were my favorite! But everyone looked at me like I was insane. Does anyone else remember this place? Also we were talking about our favorite candy bars that are no longer made. I mentioned Chocolite which was made by Nestle. Again everyone looked stunned. Am I going insane? That bar was like a thick thick Nestle bar. They even had commercials!

You might be thinking of the Nestle "Chunky" bar 2 in X 2in by about 2 in thick. When I was in the Army and stationed in Germany we used to carry hundreds of those with us when we went to the field, a very big sugar pick me up at 3:00am in the morning.

BAH. Chicken and chocolate.

I miss my Atocha Gold rum that I can't find anywhere anymore... made by Conch Republic. I can't even find the label on their website! This was the sweetest, yummiest rum ever. Coconut and honey flavored. Gold leafs in the bottle. I dare not finish the last of it, until I find a replacement for it!

You were at Hooters, and you can't find anything better to discuss than chicken joints and candy bars? How about... well... hooters? :lol:

Sean, I remember ChocoLite...it was kind of airy, and not a solid bar like a Hershey bar was. Didn't see it it on Google images, but the websearch turned up some discussion of it.

As for your chicken place, I lived in the Chicago area almost my whole life, and just remember Brown's & KFC...

As for your chicken place, I lived in the Chicago area almost my whole life, and just remember Brown's & KFC...

Brown's Chicken, it tastes better. Much better than KFC that's for sure.

MinuteMaid Lite Mango Tropical was among my top 3 favorite drinks EVER. It disappeared and I called MinuteMaid only to find it was discontinued. I called warehouses/distributors all across the country in search of a rogue case/crate/stash, to no avail. At this point, I would settle for one single solitary can, just so I can say goodbye to it in my own way.

Salsa Verde Doritos. You can still buy it by the case online, but otherwise I think it's only available on the west coast now. Man, I loved that stuff... but not enough to buy a case!

...i totally understand how you feel about remembering a restaurant and no one else does....
when i was little, i remember my parents taking us to a hippie type place on topanga canyon in los angeles...it was call 'cockamamie' (i really don't know how it was spelled, i just remember the name) and it was painted purple and green and we would go there for ice cream.....my mom doesn't remember taking us there..........but i know it existed!...