Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

No matter how good or bad the guy is. As long as he calls himself a "Jackson Guitars Artist" and also uses his name as if written in the third person, I will never watch a single second of him.

Ridiculous.

You know what? I've heard a fuck ton of covers of that song over the years, and some of them have been pretty damned good. Some I'd dare say pretty close to perfect. I thought you were over-exaggerating when you said it's the best cover of it you've heard. You weren't lying. It's easily the best I've heard as well.

I took a look at some of his covers....
What I don't like is the cut. I don't like such videos and I don't understand why you have to change the camera perspective 30 times in a 60 second video. But if I look at the thumbnails, then I'm probably not his target audience and just too old for something like that.

In speed runs he gets very messy, but that's complaining on a high level. Gameplay-wise, it's pretty damn good. However, I'm not sure how much he cuts his takes together. For example, in some videos the guitar cable hangs over his thigh in one shot, but not in the other.

Pro Tip:
Whenever I read "best cover", it's always a cover where the backing track is pretty loud. As a rule, it is so that basically ALWAYS the cover sounds only half as good if you leave out the BT ;)

Btw did he even cover Alexis arm swing at the end?

A cover should be a one-take affair. And definitely they need to lower the volume of the backing track or worse those little computer drum programs.

Reactions: <Arcane>